Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A BAD DAY?

A BAD DAY? EVERY day-when I send out My poem-I wish my family- And my friends-a GOOD DAY (And I sincerely mean it) But I know ENOUGH-that ALL of us-including me- HAVE a bad day once in awhile Or even- A SERIES of bad days But has ANYONE ever had a day- Such as Job-when he LOST EVERYTHING Phenomenal suffering-sickness- LOSS of wealth-GRIEF over losing His entire family-and even mockery From his wife-and being questioned By his friends So much so-that Job- Even wished- He had NEVER been born “PERISH the day On which I was born The night when they said, 'The child is a boy'” Job 3:3 When I was younger-and In my 20's-I had my days Of feeling this way I am SURE That you have had a time Like this also NOT so anymore- I know the bad days DON'T STAY FOREVER I know That if we REMAIN PATIENT Things will turn around And we WILL HAVE-our share Of good days too I BELIEVE in God and God WANTS GOOD for us-BOTH you and me We all know Job's story: Prosperity-loss-his misery- His acceptance and his RESTORATION That's what we have to do WHEN the bad days come- Accept them-and move on FULL RESTORATION will come from God I truly believe that-just like Job “RESTORE to me The JOY of your salvation And grant me a willing spirit TO SUSTAIN ME” Psalm 51:12 “AFTER Job Had PRAYED for his friends The Lord RESTORED his fortunes And gave him TWICE as much as he had before” Job 42:10 “FINALLY-brothers and sisters-REJOICE! STRIVE for full restoration- Encourage one another BE of one mind LIVE IN PEACE And the God of love and peace WILL be with you” 2 Cornthians13:11 Dear friends- I KNOW You are going to have your SHARE OF BAD DAYS When you do-it is ok To LAMENT your suffering It is ok to question-argue- FIGHT back-get angry-and demand answers From God But most of ALL- REMAIN PATIENT God is God-and he is GOOD He will RESTORE YOU Just like he did with Job Bad days/or GOOD DAYS/ The BEST is yet to come In Jesus' name Robert P. Wallman 9-26-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Macrina Wiederkehr, O.S.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment