Saturday, September 10, 2016

MAKE MINE ROCK!

MAKE MINE ROCK! In today's gospel Jesus discusses the difference Of BUILDING a house on rock Or on sand Of course-not literally- He is talking about- HOW TO BUILD our lives Whether we build our lives On his teachings-or not- PARTICULARLY-his teachings-and His example of living a life BASED on love-forgiveness- And kindness “WHY do you call me 'Lord-Lord' But not do what I command? …..... The one who listens- And does not act like a person Who built a house On the ground-without a foundation The moment the torrent Struck that house It collapsed And its destruction was complete” Luke 6:46, 49 Are we real In our following of Jesus? Am I? Are we just talking a good game? Or do our actions Matching our words? I am-or at least I want to be A REAL FOLLOWER of Jesus MAKE MY HOUSE ROCK! “The Lord is my rock-my fortress- And my deliverer My God is my rock In whom I take refuge My shield-and the horn Of my salvation-my stronghold” Psalm 18:2-3 “Trust-in the Lord FOREVER- For the Lord-the Lord himself Is the ROCK ETERNAL” Isaiah 26:4 “Therefore-everyone- Who HEARS these words of mine And puts them into practice Is like a wise man Who BUILT his house On the rock” Matthew 7:24 MAKE MINE ROCK! Build my house out of rock The Lord is concerned About those Who only go through the motions The Lord wants his followers- To not only hear about his teachings- But to LIVE them out as well SOME of us talk the talk But don't walk the walk We NEED to be TRUE FOLLOWERS Of God and Christ By incorporating Jesus' teachings Into our lives LOVE GOD ALWAYS-love others- Forgive 70x7 And TRY to love and be kind To everyone That is HOW We become true followers of God and Christ “I wait for your salvation-Lord- And I FOLLOW your commands” Psalm 119:166 “Then Jesus said to his Apostles- 'WHOEVER wants to be me disciple Must deny themselves And take up their cross And follow me” Matthew 16:24 Lord-please OPEN my heart That I may not be just A hearer of the word But a DOER as well HELP me to follow you every day MAKE MINE ROCK! Robert P. Wallman 9-9-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Phil Fox Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment