Friday, November 18, 2016

GIVING THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES

TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS= I will be TRAVELING for the next three weeks I will WRITE as circumstances PERMIT ENCLOSED is ONE OF MY FAVORITE POEMS OF ALL TIME LOVE YOU ALL! Happy THANKSGIVING! GIVING THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES As I sit here Reflecting on my life Preparing to fly to Maryland To spend Thanksgiving With my 2 sisters, my 4 nieces And other family members Some memories flash through my mind To times gone by Lying there Packed in an ice bed For 2 weeks---with a temperature of 108 I thank God for life Bleeding internally My blood count down to 3 I thank God for life The Good Father asking me If I wanted to say an act of contrition Or say something in my words Saying: “I don't think God Wants me to die But if he does He must have a reason And to please bless My father, my mother, my 2 sisters My family and my friends Because it would be harder on them Than it would be on me I would be gone But if God Wanted me to live I would live For my family, my friends, And for all people everywhere” And waking up a week or two later alive I thank God for life “May you never take One single breath for granted God forbid Love ever leave you empty handed” ( Lee Ann Womack—-”I HOPE YOU DANCE” ) THANKING GOD FOR LIFE All the support I received from my parents Never questioning---ALWAYS LOVING I thank God for family 2 sisters---4 nieces That give me emotional and financial support ALWAYS being there for me I thank God for family An extended family Beyond compare I thank God for family Old friends That are still there for me today I thank God for friends New friends That I have made from Miami To Palm Beach Gardens and beyond I thank God for friends People that I have met From all over the world I thank God for you Priests, clergymen and women That I have met I thank God for God I thank God for you By human standards My life is a total failure No health---no money or material possessions No family ( wife or children ) But along the way I found GOD And I found YOU “I have learned The secret of being content In any and every situation Whether well fed or hungry Whether living in plenty Or in want” 1 Philippians 4:12 “Be joyful always; pray continually; Give thanks in ALL circumstances For this is God's will for you In Christ Jesus” 1 Thessalonians 5:18 HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE---I LOVE YOU! Robert P. Wallman 11-14-11 REPRINTED 11-18-16

No comments:

Post a Comment