Sunday, November 13, 2016

SOMETIMES=SILENCE IS GOLDEN

SOMETIMES=SILENCE IS GOLDEN I have a PASSION for words I have a passion for GOD And I will USE the words God LAYS on my heart To try and SPREAD the LOVE And community of God But sometimes-words are Not enough We need to add actions-and- Sometimes words and actions Are not enough We NEED to just listen People in PAIN-ALL people Need to FEEL that they matter They need to know That they have a place with their families- With their friends- In the community That they have a place In the country And that they have a place In the world “........I myself Shall GIVE you wisdom In speaking........” Luke 21:15 Sometimes we need to listen WHEN people are in PAIN Before we speak or act WE need to be a family- A friend-a community-a country- And a world That LISTENS-that really hears BEFORE we speak or act Sometimes-SILENCE IS GOLDEN “Now we know that Whatever the law says It says to those Who are under the law So that EVERY mouth May be silenced And the whole world ACCOUNTABLE TO GOD” Romans 3:19 Yes-everyone of us IS accountable to someone And everyone of us Is accountable for our OWN words and actions TO GOD So LIVE righteous-live honestly Live out of LOVE to God And love to all others (the first two commandments) “WHEN he opened the 7th seal There was SILENCE in heaven For about ½ an hour And I saw the seven ANGELS Who stand BEFORE God And seven trumpets Were given to them” Revelation 8:1-2 I don't know about you BUT if God and Jesus come back Before I leave this world I WILL STAND AND APPLAUD Because I know JUSTICE Will be coming to and for Each and everyone of us SILENCE IS GOLDEN In this waiting time-I PRAY For DIVINE GUIDANCE I pray for the right words For what do you tell someone Who is in PAIN Who is questioning The UNFAIRNESS of life Or waiting for a MIRACLE Sometimes silence is GOLDEN Sometimes PRAYER is ALL we have I won't TRY and fix Anyone or anything That I can't But I WILL CONTINUE to pray For my family-my friends- My community-my nation- And my world I will be a COMPASSIONATE LISTENER And an ENCOURAGER with words When I can And I will CALL ON God and Jesus' PRESENCE-CARING- And LOVE-for everything else Sometimes- SILENCE IS JUST GOLDEN CALLING on God and Jesus-and LOVE- The HEALERS of our universe Robert P. Wallman 11-13-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Joyce Rupp, O.S.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment