Tuesday, November 1, 2016

THE SAINTS=AND DAYS OF MEMORIES PAST

THE SAINTS=AND DAYS OF MY MEMORIES PAST Today on the eve of The feast of ALL SAINTS DAY I am thinking back To MEMORIES gone by The day I made my vowel to God “To LIVE for my family-my friends-and ALL PEOPLE everywhere” It hasn't been easy to STAY ALIVE All these years But with the leadership of God- And the HELP of my family-and friends I have managed And the medical community Has played a LARGE PART But mostly today=I am thinking of my FAMILY My friends=and my churches=the SAINTS of my life= Who have let me lean on them and get by “He said to the host, …..... 'Rather-when you HOLD a banquet INVITE the poor- The crippled-the lame-the blind BLESSED indeed you will be Because of their inability To repay you For you will be REPAID At the RESURRECTION Of the righteous” Luke 14:12-14 MANY of the people That have HELPED ME To keep my commitment to God Are no longer with us But to me Their MEMORIES are FRESH In my heart=and they are SAINTS to me ALWAYS supported me=always being kind To me=NEVER questioning me My mom and dad=my aunts and uncles= My extended family=they supported me And HELPED CARRY me along the way And for those of you STILL with me and helping me= I am not in a position to REPAY you-anyway= Just by MY LOVE & PRAYERS But together=my family and friends We can MAKE it= We can continue to BUILD MEMORIES As you CONTINUE to be The SAINTS of my life My sisters-my extended family= In my aunts and uncles and cousins= And ALL my dear friends In Pittsburgh-in SOUTH FLORIDA- And ALL around the country and world You TOUCH my life and in turn I HOPE that I touch others lives I will NEVER be able to REPAY YOU Just in my love-and my prayers and my GRATITUDE So I HOPE that that is enough You are ALL MY SAINTS- And together-we JOURNEY ON- For those we have lost ALONG THE WAY “ALL the people of the land Will bury them And the day I display my GLORY Will be a memorable day For them DECLARES the Sovereign Lord” Ezekiel 39:13 And that's what we have The TIME we have spent together THESE MEMORABLE DAYS Of the journey MEMORABLE DAYS OF LOVE With family-with friends-with churches The memorable days of love-the partying- The picnics-the SAINTS-you and I The MEMORIES of who Has touched OUR LIVES “But Timothy- Has just NOW come to us From you And has brought GOOD NEWS About your faith and love He has told us That you ALWAYS Have PLEASANT MEMORIES of us And that you long to see us As we LONG to see you” 1 Thessalonians 3:6 YES-we have our HAPPY MEMORIES- And we have our SHARE Of sad times too But our LIVES are HAPPY- NO MATTER the circumstances For we have WALKED this life TOGETHER YES-you are my saints—and I will NEVER FORGET the days of memories past As we CONTINUE- To BUILD new ones together Robert P. Wallman October 31st, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment