Wednesday, November 2, 2016

YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED/THINGS AREN'T ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM

YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED/THINGS AREN'T ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM TODAY we celebrate the feast Of ALL SOULS DAY All of those faithfully departed So I particularly CELEBRATE the LIVES of my mom and dad- My grandparents-my extended family As well as my friends who are gone And I CELEBRATE the families Of my friends- Of who have passed on “After this I had A VISION Of a great multitude Which no one could count From every nation-race- People-and tongue” Revelation 7:9 TODAY I celebrate all souls Who have passed on- From every nation-from every culture WHO KNOWS who was great In the eyes of the Lord Along those lines WHEN I was a younger man And my mom was still alive I would jokingly SAY to her This person or that person Is going to heaven Or this or that person Will never make heaven And she would always ANSWER In the same way, “YOU might be surprised,” With a little wry smile out of The corner of her mouth That is TRUE mom You were always SO SMART- Things in GOD'S WORLD Are so much different Than the things in our world YOUR God/my God Sees the heart He sees the motives And the reasons WHY We do the things We do-or don't do “They seemed-in the view Of the foolish To be dead........ But they are IN PEACE” Wisdom 3:2, 3 I might be SURPRISED In who makes heaven I might be surprised In who God Considers to be a Saint I have done EXTENSIVE reading On the LIVES of the Saints And the one thing that doesn't surprise me Is their SAINTS- In their GREAT LOVE of God And their great love of others So TODAY on all souls day I want to take A few moments To RECOGNIZE the great faith and love Of my mom and dad OUR/my parents are gone As many others are But OUR FAITH tells us Things aren't always What they seem They are gone/our loved ones They have died and it seems They are gone forever But I KNOW they aren't For the readings tell us so “In the hand of God- ….....they are in peace- And shall ABIDE with him IN LOVE” Wisdom 3:1,3,9 I am SURE my mom and dad ARE in heaven That is one thing I will NEVER be surprised about For God tells us-Jesus tells us EVERYONE who BELIEVES in him Will have “ETERNAL LIFE” SOME things ARE what they seem And sometimes We are NOT SURPRISED In Jesus' name Robert P. Wallman 11-01-16

No comments:

Post a Comment