Tuesday, March 13, 2018

CAN I ASK YOU A QUESTION




















CAN I ASK YOU A QUESTION?


In today's reading=Jesus ASKS
A disabled man=”Do you
WANT to be well?”


As a person=with a CHRONIC
ILLNESS my whole life=I just
WANT to scream=”Heck Yeah”


I am SURE you do too=want to
BE WELL from whatever is AILING you=
It is NOT a trick question=we
ALL have illness or PROBLEMS
That need to be solved


“When Jesus saw him LYING there=
And KNEW that he had
Been ill for a long time


He said to him;
'Do you want to be WELL?'” John 5:6


The man was MADE WELL=and
On the SABBATH=when
The law forbids


But the man is made well
And he picks up his mat=
CARRIES it with him
And WALKS AWAY


Can I ASK you a question?
Do you WANT Jesus to SOLVE
Whatever problems that are
Ailing you?


Maybe Jesus is ASKING ME/US=
WHAT is holding you down? What
Are you waiting for? Don't you TRUST ME?


I wouldn't have GIVEN you a
Chronic illness if you couldn't HANDLE IT=
CHANGE your attitude=TRUST IN ME=the Lord


I do God=I do TRUST
In Jesus=and I am SURE that
You do too


Maybe that is ALL we NEED=
To TRUST in the Lord


“But I trust
In your UNFAILING LOVE


My heart rejoices
In your salvation” Psalm 13:5


“TRUST in the Lord
With all your heart


And lean NOT
On your own understanding” Proverbs 3:5


Maybe it's not the question
Maybe it's the ANSWER
I don't like


Maybe the ANSWER IS=just do
The BEST that you can with your
Chronic illness=CHANGE your attitude=
Just TRUST IN THE LORD


“You were TAUGHT
With regard to your
Former way of LIFE


To PUT OFF your old self
Which is being corrupted
By its deceitful desires


To be MADE NEW
In the ATTITUDE
Of your minds


And put on the NEW SELF
CREATED to be like God
In TRUE righteousness
And holiness” Ephesians 4:22-24


WHAT is HOLDING you back?
Is it illness like me?


Make the BEST OF IT=
And WAIT on the LORD


He has the ANSWERS=
Just KEEP ON trusting in the Lord!


While you are DIRECTING
Your questions to him


I wish you a SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME=
Like the disabled man had today


In Jesus' name and in the name of GOD
THE FATHER=we PRAY!


Robert P. Wallman
3-13-18


“I am not saying this=
Because I am in NEED


For I have LEARNED
To BE CONTENT
WHATEVER the circumstances” Philippians 4:11




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Deborah Meister

No comments:

Post a Comment