Thursday, March 29, 2018

GIVING OUR LIFE IN RETURN






















GIVING OUR LIFE IN RETURN


Dear Jesus=you GAVE your life
For me=you gave ALL
You had for me=for US


The LEAST that I can do too=
IS give my LIFE back
To you IN RETURN


And in the hospitalization=that BEGAN
On my 22nd birthday=I PROMISED
To do just that


“To LIVE for my family=friends=
And ALL PEOPLE everywhere”


I OWE YOU=we owe you=
It all=dear LORD


“When Jesus had taken the wine
He said='It is FINISHED'=
And BOWING his head
He handed OVER his SPIRIT” John 19:30


What Jesus did for the people
Of HIS TIME=he did
For all of us too


He SHOWED how deeply
He LOVES all of us=even
When we FAIL to love him
In RETURN


The LEAST that we can do
Is GIVE our lives BACK to God=
Return them to him=
To the very BEST of our ability


“What shall I RETURN
To the Lord
For all his GOODNESS
to me?” Psalm 116:12


“So is my WORD
That goes out from
My mouth


It will
NOT RETURN to me empty
But will ACCOMPLISH


What I desire
And ACHIEVE the purpose
For which I sent it” Isaiah 55:11


“I will GIVE them
A HEART to know me


That I am the Lord
They will be
My people


And I will be
THEIR GOD


For they will RETURN
To me
With ALL their HEART” Jeremiah 24:7


GIVING our life in RETURN
Back to God=is
The least that we can do


Jesus SHOWED us how
To RETURN his love
And SHARE it
With others


He PROMISED us that
Our relationship with him
Will last BEYOND this life


In fact=he promised us
That it would LAST an eternity


He gave us ALL he had=
And BEYOND=he left nothing
UNDONE


That is why he
Could say=
“IT IS FINISHED”


He went ABOVE and BEYOND
For us


Let us LOOK at our lives
And SEE how we can RETURN
Some portion of our lives
BACK TO HIM


“Those who LOOK to him
Are RADIANT


Their faces are NEVER covered
With shame” Psalm 34:5


Jesus INVITES us to LOOK
At our lives and SEE
What we
STILL need to do


Let us LOVINGLY and COMPASSIONATELY
Accept who we are
And give our BEST=IN RETURN
To the LORD our God


We are GRATEFUL dear Lord=for
What you did=and HUMBLY
OFFER our lives in RETURN


In Jesus' name


Robert P. Wallman
3-29-18




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Fr. Kenneth E. Grabner, C.S.C.



No comments:

Post a Comment