Saturday, March 10, 2018

EVEN IF I WERE THE ONLY ONE




















EVEN IF I WERE THE ONLY ONE


Unfortunately=we are ALL sinners=
In this world=


But even if I/you/me=were the ONLY ONE
Jesus would have DIED for us
One thousand TIMES over


That IS how much he CARES=
How MUCH he LOVES=each and
EVERY ONE of us


“O God=be MERCIFUL=
To me a sinner” Luke 18:13


Today=we read about TWO MEN=
Who went to the temple to PRAY


We read about the PHARISEE who
Thinks he is BETTER than everyone else=
He PRAYED:


“God I thank you that I am NOT
Like other people--------robbers-
Evildoers-adulterers---or even like
The tax collector


I fast twice a week=and=
I GIVE a tenth of all I get” Luke 18:11-12


The TAX COLLECTOR stood at
A distance and would
NOT even look up
And said:


“God=have MERCY on me
A SINNER” Luke 18:13


The point IS:NONE of us
Are better than anyone else


And none of us are so righteous
That we can
EARN our way into heaven


Jesus calls us to be HUMBLE=
Calls us to be LAST
And he would DIE for
Each one of us


As if we were the ONLY SINNER
In this world=And he did die for
EACH and every one of us


He KNOWS we are not perfect=
And he knows we have ALL
Done some wrong in our life


“I tell you that
In the same way
There will be MORE REJOICING


In HEAVEN=over one sinner=
Who REPENTS=than over
Ninety-nine righteous persons
Who do NOT NEED to repent” Luke 15:7


The point is:there is NONE of us
So righteous=that we
Do NOT need to REPENT


And it is MADE CLEAR
In the ABOVE PARABLE


And yet even IF I
Were the ONLY ONE who
Ever sinned=Jesus=would have
Went to the CROSS for me/for you/for us


He LOVES US that much
He FORGIVES us that much


“Remember this:
Whoever TURNS a sinner
From the error of their way


Will SAVE them from death
And cover over
A MULTITUDE of sins” James 5:20


The point is:NONE of us
Are so self-righteous
That we are without
ANY SIN


Jesus LOVED the TAX COLLECTOR
To death=and he would LOVE us
Till death


And he would have died for us=
Even IF we are/were
The ONLY ONE=the only sinner


HE LOVES US THAT MUCH!
In Jesus' name


Robert P. Wallman
3-10-18




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Miguel Dulick





No comments:

Post a Comment