Tuesday, June 26, 2018

FOCUS ON GOD=AND LIVE!




















FOCUS ON GOD=AND LIVE!


I had an EYE exam
A couple of weeks ago


As usual=it showed
I am NEAR sighted=
I can only SEE up close


Well I HOPE I can
See GOD in the distant years
Of my life=
I hope I can SEE God
ALL the years of my life
And then some


FOCUS ON GOD=VISION=LIVE!


“Turn away my eyes
From seeing
What is vain


By your way=
GIVE ME LIFE!” Psalm 119:37


God gave me life
At BIRTH
And again at 22
When the DOCTORS
Said I had
NO CHANCE to live


Dear Lord=Dear God=
Help me FOCUS on you
All the days of MY LIFE


FOCUS ON GOD=and LIVE!


“The earth is the LORD'S
And EVERYTHING in it
The world
And all=
Who LIVE in it” Psalm 24:1


“But your dead=
Will LIVE-Lord
Their bodies will RISE--------


Let those
Who DWELL in the dust
Wake up
And SHOUT for joy--------


Your dew
Is like the dew
Of the morning


The earth
Will give BIRTH to her dead” Isaiah 26:19


WHERE did my eyes
LINGER today?
This day of my life=
Where will they linger
On all the days to come?


Am I cooperating
With GOD'S PLAN?
Am I FOLLOWING
The DIRECTION of God's plan
FOR my life?


In both short
And long term


“DIRECT me
In the path
Of your commands


For there
I FIND DELIGHT” Psalm 119:35


“May the Lord
DIRECT your hearts
Into God's LOVE
And Christ's PERSEVERANCE” 2 Thessalonians 3:5


With the LOVE of God
And the perseverance of Christ
I will FOLLOW the Lord
All the DAYS of my LIFE


DESPITE my near sightedness


I will COOPERATE with GOD'S GRACE
And I will look AWAY
When and only IF
It is NOT
For my own GOOD


I will keep my EYES
FOCUSED on Jesus
And I
Will be a WITNESS
To=and FOR HIS LOVE


I will FOCUS ON GOD'S
LOVE=and LIVE


In the names of Jesus and his HEAVENLY FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
6-26-18




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.





No comments:

Post a Comment