Sunday, June 17, 2018

IN THE EVENING TOO




















IN THE EVENING TOO


Many of us have PRAYER
Practices=ROUTINES if you will


For example=I read my bible=
Do my ROSARY=and do my
Other prayers=EVERY MORNING


For many of us=MORNING PRAYER
Is a set routine=
EVENING prayer=NOT so much


“........O LORD
At DAWN you hear my voice


And I bring my plea
EXPECTANTLY before you” Psalm 5:4


But we have to TRAIN
Ourselves=come up with the STAMINA
We need to pray
IN THE EVENING TOO


I often write my POEMS
Later in the day
And TYPE them up=for tomorrow


In the later afternoon
Or the evening


“God called the light-'day'
And the darkness he
Called 'night'


And there was EVENING
And there was morning
The first day” Genesis 1:5


YES=let us remember to PRAY
At night=and in
The EVENING TOO


“But whose
Delight=is the law
Of the Lord


And who MEDITATES
On the law
Day and NIGHT” Psalm 1:2


“NOW brothers and sisters
About times and dates


We do not need
To write to you
For you know


Very well
That the day of the Lord
Will COME


Like a thief
In the NIGHT” 1 Thessalonians 5:2


Our psalmist today
CAPTURES the FRESHNESS
And expectancy
Of morning prayer


But WHAT HAPPENS to us
As our day moves forward


We FORGET to pray
We run out of STAMINA


We need to PRAY=
IN THE EVENING TOO


ONE thing we could do
Is SAY a little PRAYER
EVERY hour like=


“LORD=I put my TRUST in you”
or
“I LOVE YOU LORD”


At any rate
Let us ALWAYS REMEMBER
To PRAY


“Therefore=let all the faithful
PRAY to you
While you may be found


Surely the RISING
Of the mighty waters
Will not reach them” Psalm 32:6


Yes=we MUST PRAY=all day
And IN THE EVENING TOO


In the name of Jesus OUR LORD


Robert P. Wallman
6-17-18




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Jennifer Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment