Monday, June 18, 2018

SOME DIFFICULT COMMANDS




















SOME DIFFICULT COMMANDS


Many of Jesus' TEACHINGS=many
Of the PRINCIPLES of CHRISTIANITY
Are DIFFICULT to follow


I think maybe the
The most difficult ONE=for ALL
Of us is Jesus'
TEACHINGS on our enemies


WHO can love and FORGIVE
A person that only
Wants to HARM US?


It doesn't come naturally
SOME DIFFICULT COMMANDS


“But I say to you=
LOVE your enemies


And PRAY for those
Who persecute you
….............” Matthew 5:44


Loving Jesus means FOLLOWING HIM=
Means FOLLOWING his commands


But it doesn't
Come naturally


I MARVEL at people
Who can FORGIVE others
On the spot


It takes time and MUCH EFFORT
For me=I really
Need to WORK AT IT


FOLLOWING JESUS=following
Christianity=following the
ESSENCE of his teachings


“I WAIT
For your salvation=Lord
And I follow
YOUR COMMANDS” Psalm 119:166


“'Come FOLLOW me'=Jesus said
'And I will
Send you out


To FISH for people'” Matthew 4:19


“WHOEVER serves me
Must FOLLOW me
And where I am


My servant
Will also be
My FATHER will honor
The one who SERVES ME” John 12:26


I SERVE the LORD
I FOLLOW the Lord


Therefore=as long as it takes
I must KEEP WORKING at it
Until I get
THIS FORGIVENESS thing down


SOME of the LORD'S COMMANDS
Are profoundly DIFFICULT


I will NEVER get it right
UNLESS my Lord
Gives me the STRENGTH
To do it


PRAYING for the STRENGTH
To get this difficult command
STRAIGHT AND RIGHT


“I love you=LORD=
My STRENGTH” Psalm 18:1


“SURELY God
Is my salvation
I will trust


And NOT be afraid
The Lord=the Lord himself


IS MY STRENGTH
And my defense
He has BECOME my salvation” Isaiah 12:2


YES=the LORD=gives us
SOME DIFFICULT COMMANDS


But I will FOLLOW HIM
All the days of my life
I HOPE that you WILL TOO


Robert P. Wallman
6-19-18




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Melannie Svoboda, S.N.D.



No comments:

Post a Comment