Friday, January 3, 2020

HE IS AT WORK














HE IS AT WORK


We always know it=but
We might NOT ALWAYS
Be aware of it


God is=CHRIST IS
AT WORK in our lives


“It was about
FOUR in the afternoon” John 1:39


Sometimes=CERTAIN DATES
And times=stick in our
MEMORY BANK


My 50th and 60th birthday parties=
My dad's death=my mom's death=
My baptism=my niece's wedding=
Certain things and TIMES
Just stand TALL
In our MEMORIES


It was like that
For the APOSTLES too=
The day and the TIME
John pointed out Jesus to them


God STANDS in our memories-
Jesus stands in our memories=
For he is-
FOREVER AT WORK
In our lives


Our time is a TREASURY=
And Jesus is at WORK
In us=every moment=
Every time of the day


“Sow righteousness for yourselves
Reap the fruit
Of unfailing love


And break up
Your unplowed ground
For it is TIME
To seek the Lord” Hosea 10:12


“So Christ
Was sacrificed only
To take away
The sins of many


And he will appear
A SECOND TIME” Hebrews 9:28


“For it is TIME
For judgment to begin
With God's household


And if it begins with us
What will
The outcome be


For those who do NOT
Obey the gospel of God?” 1 Peter 4:17


So SIGNIFICANT was it
For the apostles
To MEET Jesus


This encounter
Of the lives
Of the disciples


They REMEMBERED the
EXACT TIME of
Its unfolding


And I remember
That FATEFUL DAY
Of my 22nd birthday


When God CALLED ME-
When Jesus called me
To be theirs=
To BELONG TO THEM


THEY CALLED ME


“Then the Lord
CALLED SAMUEL=
Samuel answered=
'Here I am'


And he ran to Eli
And said=
'Here I am you
CALLED me'” 1 Samuel 3:5


The Lord=IS AT
WORK IN US=and he
Is calling us too


May we pat ATTENTION today=
At ANY given moment
In TIME=


When the LORD OUR GOD
Is CALLING US=may we
FILL the grace of the MOMENT


In Jesus' name


Robert P. Wallman
1-3-20




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.











No comments:

Post a Comment