Monday, February 3, 2020

AN EXPANSIVE LOVE LIKE JESUS














AN EXPANSIVE LOVE LIKE JESUS


Today we read
About David MOURNING
The loss
Of his son=Absalom


It is NORMAL to mourn
When we lose=
Our family and friends
In this world


What else can we do?=
THE POWER over life and death
RESTS with God alone


“Mt son Absalom!........if only
I HAD DIED instead
Of you=Absalom-
My son-my son” 2 Samuel 19:1


This quotation brings back
MEMORIES for me


WHEN it looked like=I was
Going to die=when I was 22


My dad PRAYED=”WHY doesn't God
Take me=instead of him?”


And so was my GRANDFATHER
WALLMAN=and I believe
He actually did


He actually died while
I was in the HOSPITAL=
And I never did see
Him again


David had a DEEP LOVE
For his son=as I did
And still do
FOR my family and friends


AN EXPANSIVE
Kind of love=
LIKE Jesus


“........these are
The things
God has revealed
To us
By his Spirit


The SPIRIT teaches
All things
Even the DEEP THINGS
Of God” 1 Corinthians 2:10


“They must keep hold
Of the DEEP TRUTHS


Of the faith
With a clear conscience” 1 Timothy 3:9


How deep
Is our LOVE?
Does our love
TRANSCEND fairness?


Are we living
AN EXPANSIVE love
Like Jesus?


A love that
TRANSCENDS all things


Does our love INCLUDE
Even those=
Who have hurt us
Or BETRAYED US?


And EXPANSIVE LOVE
Like Jesus


A living-loving life=
A love
That transcends all things=
And is INCLUSIVE of all


A PURE and sincere love
For all


“The one
Who has clean hands
And a PURE HEART


Who does not-
Trust an idol=
Or swear
By a false god” Psalm 24:4


It is OK to mourn=
For those we have loved
And have LOST


But TRY to live
With the KIND OF LOVE-
Jesus taught and lived


AN EXPANSIVE TYPE OF LOVE


In the names of Jesus=and our ALL living-loving FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
2-3-20




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Melannie Svoboda, S.N.D.



No comments:

Post a Comment