Saturday, February 22, 2020

GOD SEES WHAT WE CAN'T














GOD SEES=WHAT WE CAN'T


Of ALL the things
That Jesus tries to
TEACH us


I think maybe the
MOST DIFFICULT is
To “LOVE YOUR ENEMIES”


I mean to TRY
And not only forgive
But actually LOVE someone


That tries to HURT US=
Sabotage us=
Or even destroy us


“You have heard
That it was said=
'You shall LOVE


Your neighbor-
And hate your enemy'


But I say to you
LOVE YOUR ENEMIES
And pray for those
Who persecute you” Matthew 5:43-44


I can FORGIVE them=
My enemies=and actually
Have a GOOD THOUGHT
About them


But LOVING them
Is a very TALL ORDER


I try to think
About where
Jesus is actually
COMING FROM


The only thing
I can think of
Is that


GOD SEES
WHAT WE CAN'T
That God sees some
GOODNESS in them
That I cannot
Maybe that WE cannot see


Look to God=
LOOK deep within your heart


For the capacity
To forgive
For the CAPACITY TO LOVE
LOOK TO GOD!


“Those who LOOK to him
Are radiant


Their faces
Are never covered
With shame” Psalm 34:5


“Let your eyes
LOOK straight ahead=
Fix your gaze
Directly before you” Proverbs 4:25


“For everyone LOOKS out
For their own interests=
NOT those
Of Jesus Christ” Philippians 2:21


Dear Lord=we PRAY
To you today
For strength


That we CAN
Not only forgive our enemies
BUT LOVE THEM


Help us to pray
FOR OUR ENEMIES=
Who don't-
Have good intentions
Toward us
And not only forgive=
But also LOVE THEM


“You prepare
A table before us
In the presence
Of our ENEMIES


You anoint my head
With oil
My cup overflows” Psalm 23:5


Dear Lord=Help us to
SEE WHAT YOU CAN SEE=


THE GOODNESS in our enemies-
And not only forgive=
BUT LOVE THEM


In Jesus' name=and the name=0f our EVER FORGIVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
2-22-20




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Patricia Livingston



No comments:

Post a Comment