Friday, June 18, 2021

OVERWHELMED=DON'T WORRY

 







OVERWHELMED=DON'T WORRY


Have you ever felt

OVERWHELMED=felt like life

Or things were too BIG

For you?


That is the WAY=

I was feeling like last week=

Putting too MUCH PRESSURE

On myself


But I am doing better=

SETTLING back into the

WORDS OF GOD

Feeling

The JOY OF GOD

Once again

Overwhelmed=don't worry


“Can any of you

BY WORRYING


Add a single moment

To your life-span?

WHY are you ANXIOUS

About clothes?” Matthew 6:27


The human capacity

For WORRY is boundless

The suffering

Caused by anxiety

Can be immense


OVERWHELMED=DON'T WORRY

Feel the JOY of God

Once again


“These things I remember

As I pour out

My soul


How I used to go

To the House of God


Under the protection

Of the MIGHTY ONE

With shouts of JOY

And praise

Among the festive throng” Psalm 42 :4


“A wise son

BRINGS JOY

To his Father


But a foolish son

Brings grief

To his mother” Proverbs 10:1


“Gladness and JOY

Will overtake them

And sorrow and sighing

Will flee away” Isaiah 51:11


I used to ASK my dad

Why he wasn't more

CRITICAL of me


He told me “Son=no one

Could ever be

As hard on you

As you are on yourself”


So today=on the eve

Of FATHER'S DAY=my advice

Is this=


LIGHTEN UP!

Try not to force things

Don't feel overwhelmed

And don't worry=BE HAPPY

FEEL THE JOY of God today!


“But may the righteous

Be glad

And REJOICE before God


May they be HAPPY

And joyful” Psalm 68:3


What can we do

When we feel OVERWHELMED?

Trust in GOD THE FATHER

And Jesus


ACCEPT the God of LOVE-

Who tends and cares for us

And who alone

Is the CURE=for anxiety


And DON'T WORRY=

BE HAPPY in the Lord


In Jesus' name=and in the name

Of our ever JOYFUL=God the loving FATHER!


Robert P. Wallman

6-18-2021



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Mary Marrocco


No comments:

Post a Comment