Tuesday, July 5, 2022

WHO DO YOU SAY JESUS IS

 









WHO DO YOU SAY

THAT JESUS IS?



In the 16th chapter

Of Saint Matthew's GOSPEL

WE find Jesus asking

His disciples


What are the people

saying about me?


“When Jesus went into

The region of Caesarea Philippi

he asked his disciples,


'WHO do people say

The Son of Man is?'”                                                         Matthew 16:13


“They replied,

'Some say John the Baptist-

Others say Elijah


And still others,

Jeremiah-or ONE of the prophets'”                                                    Matthew 16:14


….....


“Simon Peter answered,

'You are the MESSIAH

The SON OF THE LIVING GOD'”                                                     Matthew 16:16


BUT the really important question is:

What do we say

As his apostles and disciples

In this-the 21st century


And are we ACTIVE

In this proclamation?


I say

He is the ALPHA-and the OMEGA


The one who always was

The ONE

Who always will be


“I am 

The Resurrection and the LIFE


The one who BELIEVES in me

WILL LIVE-

Even though they die”                                                            John 11 :25


“I am

The WAY-the TRUTH-and the LIFE”                                                   John 14:6


The ONE who/where

My next living breath comes from


What about you?

WHO do you say that he is?


IF Jesus were standing 

In front of you-right now


WHO would you say that he was?

What would you do?


He is the one

Who GIVES my life PURPOSE


He is the one

Who gives my life MEANING


He is the DIVINE PRESENCE

In my life


What is his meaning

To you?

WHO do you say that he is?


As I said

To me-he is

The DIVINE PRESENCE


To me

He is the SON OF GOD

And ONE of the three persons

Of the DIVINE TRINITY


“For since 

The CREATION of the world

God's invisible qualities-


His eternal powers and DIVINE NATURE

Have been clearly seen


Being understood

From what has been MADE


So that people are

WITHOUT EXCUSE”                                                             Romans 1:20


“The weapons we fight with

Are NOT the weapons 

Of the world


On the contrary

They have DIVINE POWER

To demolish strongholds”                                                            2 Corinthians 10:4


NO-the weapons we fight with are:

LOVE-FORGIVENESS-and KINDNESS

The very ESSENCE of Christ himself


The Lord brings meaning-JOY-

And HIS DIVINE PRESENCE

To the very essence 

Of my soul


No mere human being

Can do that for you


THIS GIFT can only be given

To you BY GOD


For me-who Jesus TRULY IS


Who do you say

That Jesus IS?


Robert P. Wallman

2-21-16 and 7-05-2022


INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Fr. Kenneth E. Grabner, C.S.C.





No comments:

Post a Comment