Saturday, January 28, 2023

GOD AND WORK

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GOD AND WORK

 

 

Do you like to work

Do you

Have a GOOD work ethic

 

NOW a days

Not only do we have jobs

But we have CAREERS

That we specialize in

 

It may SURPRISE you

To know

That God

Has a LOT to say

ABOUT WORK

 

First off he says

Do your work IN SIX DAYS

 

“Six days do your work

But on the seventh day

DO NOT WORK”                                                      Exodus 23:12

 

After ALL

GOD CREATED the world in six days

And on the seventh day

He RESTED

 

These days

I do NOT work for money

BUT nevertheless

I consider the work

That I do

Very important

 

Perhaps more important

Than when I worked for a career

 

I am working for the LORD

In fact, Jesus considered HIS MISSION AS WORK

 

“As long as it is day

WE MUST do the work of HIM

Who sent me

 

Night is coming

When no one can work

 

WHILE I AM

in the world

I am

THE LIGHT of the world”                                                    John 9:4-5

 

And we

Should have the SAME WORK ETHIC

That Jesus did

 

Though we

MAY NOT be the light

Of the world

 

We may be

The ONLY LIGHT OF GOD

That some people

May see

 

And whatever work

That we do

We should do it well

We should

Have PRIDE in our work

Even if

It is just sweeping floors

 

And ALWAYS know

That God wants you

To be HAPPY in your work

 

“MOREOVER

When God gives any man

Wealth and possessions

And enables him

To enjoy them

To accept his lot

And be HAPPY in his work-

This is a GIFT OF GOD”                                             Ecclesiastes 5:19

 

And KNOW

That whatever God began in you

He WILL carry it on to completion

 

God will NEVER forget you

And neither will I

 

BE HAPPY

In your work

WHETHER it is

THE WORK OF GOD

OR the work of your career

(or BOTH)

 

BE HAPPY

And do it

To the BEST of your ability

 

“I THANK my God

Every time I REMEMBER you

 

In ALL my prayers

For ALL of you

I ALWAYS pray

With JOY

Because of your partnership

In the gospel

From the first day

Until now

 

BEING CONFIDENT OF THIS

 

That he WHO BEGAN

A GOOD work in you

Will carry it on To completion

UNTIL the day of Christ Jesus”                                         Philippians 1:3-6

 

Until then

BE HAPPY-and do GOOD WORK

 

Robert P. Wallman

9-8-13 and 1-28-2023

No comments:

Post a Comment