Friday, June 13, 2014

Abraham-THE FATHER OF US ALL















JUNE 17th, 2012






ABRAHAM---THE FATHER OF US ALL




Did you know
That ALL three monotheistic religions
Can be traced back to one man---


ABRAHAM


Judaism by virtue
Of Abraham and Sarah’s son-Isaac
Islam by virtue
Of Abraham and Hagar’s son-Ishmael
And Christianity
By the blood of Christ
On Joseph’s side
Being traced back to David
To Ruth ( whose son Obed is the grandfather of David )
And ultimately to Abraham


Three religions—ONE MAN
THE FATHER OF US ALL
( in a manner of speaking )


And ultimately God’s representative
As the Father of many nations


Do you KNOW the story of Abraham


Abram married a woman
By the name of Sarai
The Lord said to Abraham


“Leave you country
Your people and your father’s house
And go to the land that I will show you


I will make you
Into a great nation
And I will bless you


I will make your name great
And you will be a blessing


I will bless those
Who bless you
And whoever curses you I will curse


And ALL people on earth
Will be BLESSED through you” Genesis 12:1-3


Don’t you think
We should focus
On what we have in common


Religion—OUR SPIRITUALITY
Has the power to UNITE us
If only we would think
The way
God wants us to think


God RENEWS
his covenant with Abraham
But Abraham becomes disillusioned
And says to the Lord,


“You have given me no children
So a servant in my household
Will be my heir” Genesis 15:3


The Lord tells Abraham
To KEEP the faith
That he will still have offspring


Keep in mind
That Abraham is 100 years old
And Sarai 90 years of age


Abram’s wife-Sarai-says to Abraham,


“The Lord has kept me
From having children
Go sleep with my maidservant
Perhaps I can build a family through her” Genesis 16:2


So Abraham sleeps with the maid
And has a son named Ishmael


God changes Abram’s name to Abraham
And Sarai’s name to Sarah


God says to Abraham


“As for me,


“This is my covenant with you
You will be the father of many nations
No longer will you be call Abram
You will be called Abraham
For I have made you
A father of many nations


I will make you very fruitful
I will make nations of you
And kings will come from you


I will establish my covenant
As an everlasting covenant
Between you and me
And your descendants after you
For the generations to come
To be your God
And the God
Of your descendants after you” Genesis 17:3-7


There you have it
Three different religions
Fathered by one man


Why don’t we
Focus on what we have in common


Why don’t we FOCUS ON LOVE


Why don’t we
Focus on Abraham


If we do this
Each and every person
In this world
Is a child of God
And our brother and our sister


Why don’t we
Focus on Abraham
The Father of us all


HAPPY FATHER’S DAY EVERYONE
I LOVE YOU!


Robert P. Wallman
6-10-12


Ps “Let no debt remain outstanding
Except the CONTINUING debt
To love one another
For he who LOVES HIS FELLOWMAN
Has fulfilled the law” Romans 13:8




FATHER'S DAY WEEKEND 6-13-through 6-15, 2014
















No comments:

Post a Comment