Thursday, June 19, 2014

FELLOWSHIP

















FELLOWSHIP




ONE of the things
That God wants us to do
Is to have fellowship
With him
And with each other


FELLOWSHIP is defined
As a FRIENDLY relationship; companionship
Community of interest; friendliness, etc.,


And one of the reasons
WE WERE CREATED
Was for fellowship with God
And fellowship with one another


IN FACT one of the themes
Of the first book of the bible-Genesis
IS that God creates man
In his own image
For fellowship with him


“WE PROCLAIM to you
What we have seen and heard
So that you also may
Have fellowship with us


And our fellowship
Is with the FATHER
And with his son-Jesus Christ


We write this
To make our joy complete” 1 John 1:3


And we are
To have FRIENDLY relationships
With our brothers and sisters in Christ


“BUT if we
Walk in the light


And he is the light


We have FELLOWSHIP
With one another


And the blood of Jesus-his Son
PURIFIES us from all sin” 1 John 1:7


I moved to Miami
In 2002
And many of my LASTING friendships
Are with brothers and sisters
That I have met in church


Even SOME of/maybe MANY of
The friendships
That I have back home in Pittsburgh
GREW out of friendships
That began in the school/church
That I grew up in
Saint Francis Xavier Church
NOW RISEN LORD CHURCH


And the Holy Spirit
HELPS us to build
Our friendships
With our brothers and sisters


“MAY the GRACE
Of the Lord Jesus Christ
And the LOVE OF GOD
And the FELLOWSHIP
Of the Holy Spirit
Be with you ALL” 2 Corinthians 13:14


FELLOWSHIP is expressed
In sharing our lives-
Our triumphs and our setbacks
With one another


We see a COUPLE of examples
Of this
In the New Testament


“And they continued steadfastly
In the apostles doctrine
And FELLOWSHIP
And in breaking bread
And in prayers” Acts 2:42


“After they prayed
The place
WHERE they were meeting
Was shaken


And they were FILLED
With the Holy Spirit
And spoke the Word of God-BOLDLY” Acts 4:31


That pretty much
Sums up my life


ALMOST all of the fruit
In my life
Comes from God-and family-friends and neighbors
REVOLVING around my relationship
With God


I love you Lord
And I love you MY Lord and Savior Jesus Christ


Thank you for making me/for making us
In your image and likeness


And thank you
For ALL the FELLOWSHIP
With my brothers and sisters in God
And brothers and sisters in Christ


And thank you Lord
For the GIFT of the SPIRIT
Whom without
My life and love
Would mean nothing


And THANK YOU
To ALL my brothers and sisters
I LOVE YOU


In Jesus' name-Amen


Robert P. Wallman

6-13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment