Sunday, June 29, 2014

JOURNAL/UNTIL MY LAST BREATH

"FOR I AM already being POURED OUT like a libation-and the time of my departure is at hand"  2 TIMOTHY 4:6

TODAY is the FEAST DAY of Saint Peter and Paul-PETER-the ROCK-on who CHRIST BUILT his church-and Paul the GREAT APOSTLE to the GENTILES after previously being the great christian persecutor

JESUS gave every last ounce of himself for us-and Peter and Paul tried to do the SAME in the BUILDING UP of OUR LORD'S KINGDOM

it is a GREAT DAY to be ALIVE our Lord's LOVE for us and a great day for giving something of our love BACK to our Lord


















UNTIL MY LAST BREATH




Jesus
Lived his life
For us
TEACHING US about God
Performing miracle after miracle
And being kind and compassionate
To everyone


And HOW
Was he rewarded
With death on the cross


In His last breath
Jesus cried out,
“My God my God
Why did you abandon me?”


But we know
Through the eyewitnesses of many
That God didn't abandon him
We know
BECAUSE of the RESURRECTION


THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS LIFE


“The Lord God
Formed the man
From the dust
Of the ground
And breathed into his nostrils
THE BREATH OF LIFE


And the man
Became a living being” Genesis 2:7


And Jesus LIVED
Because he was GOD'S OWN SON
And God
And the SPIRIT-the third member
Of the TRINITY
Wanted him to LIVE


After death
Jesus appeared to the disciples
Stood among them
And said,


“PEACE BE WITH YOU” John 20:19


The disciples were overjoyed
WHEN they saw the Lord


And again Jesus said,


“PEACE be with you
As the Father has sent me
I am sending you


And with that
He BREATHED on them and said,


'RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT'” John 20:21-22


ALL my life
Even as a young boy
I prayed


That I wouldn't
Have let Jesus die alone


That I would have
Went to my death with him


Since I couldn't die
With Jesus
I HAVE LIVED with him


LIVED with him
LIVED with THE FATHER
And HOPEFULLY
With having the HOLY SPIRIT
in my heart
GUIDING ME


WHEN it looked like
Death came over me
At age 22
I PRAYED:


“TO LIVE for my family, my friends,
And for ALL people everywhere”


I don't know exactly why
I came so close to death
And WHY I was given life


But I BELIEVE
It was so
That God and Jesus
Could send
The SPIRIT OF LIFE to me


IF I could and if I can
I will give testimony
to them


UNTIL my dying breath


“And he is
NOT served by human hands


As if
He needed anything


Because he himself
GIVES ALL MEN
life and breath
And everything else” Acts 17:25


I will continue to
“LIVE for my family-my friends-and
ALL people everywhere”


And I will TESTIFY to and for God and Jesus
UNTIL MY DYING BREATH


Robert P. Wallman

6-13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment