Monday, December 11, 2017

THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!





THE REASON FOR THE SEASON




Have you seen
The bumper sticker
Or heard the saying


JESUS is the reason
For the season


HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET


As I
Write my Christmas cards
To family and friends
I try to remember


THE REASON FOR THE SEASON


Before I left Pittsburgh
You couldn’t say
The word “CHRISTMAS” on tv


“Happy Sparkle Season”
Hardly has the same effect---at least for me


HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET


A miniature crèche
Identical to the one in Rome
Had to be moved
From the government courthouse
To outside a corporation


HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET


Haven’t you heard
JESUS is the reason
For the season


WITHOUT JESUS
You would be getting
Not one single gift this year


Putting up my decorations
And my Christmas tree
Trying to remember---trying NOT to forget
Jesus is the reason
For this kindness and goodwill
He is THE REASON
For this season


Trying to remember
The LOVE, the FORGIVENESS, and KINDNESS
That he brought to us---in this world
Trying to remember---his name---the name of JESUS CHRIST
Trying to let him know
That it ALL
Wasn’t for not
That it ALL---wasn’t in vain


Let us put the letter “C”
Back into Christmas
Let us put the name Christ
Back into Christmas


It is NOT so hard to remember
It really isn’t---all we have to do
Is take one long look up at the CROSS


JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE---I LOVE YOU


Robert P. Wallman
12-3-11




Ps And HAPPY HANUKKAH to ALL my JEWISH FRIENDS








Also today is the feast of the IMMACULATE CONCEPTION---
MARY said yes to God and the angel---JESUS said yes to his Father


What about me
What about you
What if we ALL said yes to God


rpw
12-08-11 & 12-22-15


No comments:

Post a Comment