Tuesday, August 7, 2018

MY ROOTS ARE IN GOD AND FAMILY


















MY ROOTS
ARE IN GOD AND FAMILY




WHERE are your roots
What gives you LIFE?
What SUSTAINS YOU
In life


The ANSWER
To all those questions-
FOR ME
Are in God and family


GOD GAVE me life
Once-at birth
And numerous times thereafter-
In countless medical emergencies
On my birthdays


“NOW CHOOSE LIFE
So that you
And your children
May live


And that you
May love
The Lord your God


Listen to his voice
And hold fast to him


For the Lord
IS YOUR LIFE


And he will give you
Many years


In the land
He swore to give
To your fathers
Abraham-Isaac-and Jacob” Deuteronomy 30:19-20


CHOOSE GOD
CHOOSE FAMILY


Outside of God
it is MY FAMILY
Who has SUSTAINED me


My parents and sisters
For accepting me
FOR WHO I AM


My nieces
And my extended family
(and all of my friends)


“Consequently
You are no longer
Foreigners and aliens


But fellow citizens
And GOD'S PEOPLE
And members of GOD'S HOUSEHOLD” Ephesians 2:19


You are MEMBERS
Of the household
Of God's own family


GOD is your adopted father
Jesus is your adopted brother


And the ROOT of God
LIVES INSIDE of you
Inside of all of us


IF you haven't been active
In being a part of GOD'S FAMILY
It is time to start


Between BELONGING to God
And the family
I was born into
I FEEL
Like God gave me
EVERYTHING that I need


MY ROOTS
Are in God and family


“I Jesus
Have sent mine angel
Unto these things
In the churches


I AM THE ROOT
And the offspring of David
And the beginning and morning star” REVELATIONS 22:16


BECAUSE I belong to God
Because I belong to Jesus
Because of the love
OF MY FAMILY


I continue to GROW in love


Because my ROOTS
ARE IN GOD AND FAMILY


Robert P. Wallman
11-21-14


Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sister Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.




3-17-15 and 8-8-18

No comments:

Post a Comment