Saturday, August 25, 2018

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH




















PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH


I write a LOT
Of things=I SAY
A lot of things


I TRY very hard
To DO what I write
But I do FAIL from
TIME TO TIME


PRACTICE what you PREACH


“The scribes and the Pharisees
Have taken their seat
On the chair of MOSES


Therefore=
Do and observe all things
Whatsoever they tell you


But do NOT FOLOW
Their example


For they preach
But they do NOT PRACTICE” Matthew 23:2-3


This passage
Really HITS HOME
Because we all
FAIL from time to time


I want to BE perfect
I want to follow
CHRIST'S EXAMPLE


We NEED to practice
What we PREACH
We need to FOLLOW
Jesus' EXAMPLE


“He said to them
'GO into all the world
And PREACH the gospel
To all CREATION'” Mark 16:15


“For I am NOT ashamed
Of the GOSPEL


Because it is the POWER of God
That brings salvation
To everyone who believes


First to the JEW
Then to the GENTILE” Romans 1:16


“For what we PREACH
Is not ourselves
But Jesus Christ
As LORD


And ourselves
As your servants
For Jesus' sake” 2 Corinthians 4:5


I try VERY HARD
To LIVE what I write
I hope I get
It right=ALMOST all of
The time


For I DO NOT want
To be a hypocrite=I
Do not want to SAY
One thing=and live another


I want to LIVE
By the EXAMPLE of Jesus Christ


“I have set you
AN EXAMPLE
That you should do


As I have done
For you” John 13:15


“FOLLOW my EXAMPLE=as I
Follow the EXAMPLE of Christ” 1 Corinthians 11:1


Dear LORD=Jesus had it RIGHT=
Saint Paul had it right


HELP US to follow their example
And PRACTICE WHAT WE PREACH


DOING what CHRIST TAUGHT US
Is the BEST course of action=
Help us ALWAYS=to=
PRACTICE WHAT WE PREACH


In Jesus' name and the name of the ALMIGHTY LOVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
8-25-18




Ps INSPIRED by an article IN LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Paul Pennick

No comments:

Post a Comment