Wednesday, October 3, 2018

HEALING AND FAITH












WITNESS




6-18-13




HEALING AND FAITH








There are millions in this world
Who can heal a broken body
But only one---who can heal
A broken spirit---a broken soul


GOD


How would you describe healing
I would describe it
As a betterment
Of making one whole again


The one element
In ALL the miracles that Jesus did
Was that the person
Had great faith


In the 8th and 9th chapters
Of Saint Matthew’s Gospel
Matthew tells us about
Some of Jesus’ miracles


A centurion comes to Jesus and says,
“My servant lies at home paralyzed
And in terrible suffering”
Jesus says,
“I will go and heal him”


And the centurion responds,
“Lord I do not deserve
To have you come under my roof
But just say the word
And my servant will be healed”


Jesus becomes astonished and says,
“I tell you the truth
I have not found anyone in Israel
With such great faith…….”


Jesus continues,
“Go! It will be done
As you believed it would”


And the servant was healed


FAITH


A ruler came before Jesus, and said,
“My daughter has died
But come and put your hand on her
And she will live”


Jesus went to the ruler’s daughter, and said,
“Take her daughter
Your faith has healed you”


Many laughed at Jesus
Scoffed at him---mocked
Saying the girl was dead


Jesus said,
“Go away---The girl is not dead” Matthew chapter 9


FAITH


That is
Not so say
That if you are not healed
That you do not have enough faith


It just means
That God---Jesus
Might be using you/us in other ways
Maybe using our suffering
As intercessory prayer
Or accepting our suffering for others


THIS IS CALLED REDEMTIVE SUFFERING


The diseases of the body
Are one thing
But the diseases of the soul---the spirit
Are quite another


For every million out there
Who can heal a broken body
There is only one
Who can heal a broken soul


GOD


Dear Lord---we pray
Please heal our broken bodies
If it be your will


But more importantly
Heal our broken spirits
Heal our broken souls


Of each of us individually
Of each of us collectively
Of our broken society
And our broken world


And if we are to carry our suffering
Both physically and spiritually
Please help us to pray like Saint Paul:


“Three times
I pleaded with the Lord
To take it from me
But he said to me


My grace is sufficient for you
For my power is made perfect
In your weakness”


FAITH


Robert P. Wallman
9-5-11




Ps WITNESS 6-18-13


“He said, ‘Your FAITH has HEALED you’”
Matthew 9:22




misc. WITNESS 2-11-14




August 4th, 2014
1-5-14
10-3-15 &


10-3-19







No comments:

Post a Comment