Wednesday, October 17, 2018

PAIN AND GAIN






WITNESS




8-7-13




PAIN AND GAIN




How many of you
Are currently experiencing pain


How many of you
Have ever been in pain


I would say virtually
Everyone would answer yes
At least to the second question


There are three types of pain
Physical pain
Spiritual pain
And emotional pain


Pain is defined as a state of or lack
Of physical-emotional or mental well-being
It can be mild-severe-or any stage in between


I have to tell you
I am in physical pain
Almost every minute of my life
(as I am sure others of you are)


I have been in emotional pain
When relationships didn’t work out
And in spiritual pain
When I could not see
Where my life was going
Or why
God wouldn’t let my plans
For my life
Work out the way
That I wanted them too


And I have questioned God
As I am sure
Many of you have


AS JOB DID


“His wife said to him,
‘Are you sill holding on to your integrity
Curse God and die’


Job replied,
‘You are talking like a foolish woman
Shall we accept good from God
And not trouble’


In all this
Job did not sin in what he said” Job 2:9-10


Job held on
He was VINDICATED


PAIN AND GAIN


I held on


By holding on
I found God
I found you


“When your words came-I ate them
They were joy and my heart’s delight
For I held your name
O LORD GOD ALMIGHTY” Jeremiah 15:16


Though the world
May turn its back on us
GOD NEVER WILL
God is patient and loving


We may feel pain
But gain towards GOD
And towards others
Is our FINAL DESTINATION


GAIN


God works for our good


“And we know
That in all things
God WORKS FOR THE GOOD
OF THOSE WHO LOVE HIM
Who have been called
According to his purpose” Romans 8:28


THE POWER OF GOD’S LOVE


I cannot change my own life
PAIN
But hopefully something I say or do
Can be a SOURCE OF ENCOURAGEMENT
To someone else
GAIN


“WE rejoice in our suffering
Because we know that suffering
Produces perseverance
Perseverance-character
And character-HOPE


And HOPE doe not disappoint us
Because God has poured his love
Into our hearts
By the Holy Spirit
Whom he has given us” Romans 5:3-5


Therefore-pain + gain=HOPE
HOPE FOR ALL OF US


Robert P. Wallman
5-4-13




Ps WITNESS 8-7-13




8-31-14
10-17-& 18-2018



No comments:

Post a Comment