Tuesday, March 12, 2019

THE GREATEST GIFT THIS LENT!














THE GREATEST GIFT THIS LENT!


PSALM 51 is ONE
Of my most favorite psalms
And in it CONTAINS
Some of my
FAVORITE lines


“My sacrifice=O God
Is a broken spirit


A broken and CONTRITE HEART
You=God
Will not despise” Psalm 51:17


Jesus went to the CROSS
And died for us


For MY SINS=for yours
And for the sins
OF all of HUMANITY


The least we can do
Is have a CONTRITE HEART
This Lent


At least be sorry for
ALL of our own sins and
Misgivings


I am SORRY Lord=and
I ask you
For a contrite heart=
A CLEAN HEART=Dear Lord


“Create in me a PURE heart
O Lord-
And renew a steadfast spirit
Within me” Psalm 51:10


The GREATEST thing about
Having a contrite heart
Is that our God never
Tires of saying=
“YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN”


So whatever you have
PLANNED this Lent


Good deeds=daily sacrifices=
Giving up sweets


Take your pure heart=
Take your CLEAN heart to God
And tell him that you
Are sorry


NO MATTER how many times
I HAVE=you have
Committed that same dumb sin


Dear Lord we bring
OUR CONTRITE HEARTS
To you this Lent
For we know


This is the GREATEST OFFERING
That we have


“Has not my hand
Made all these things
And so
They came into being?
Declares the Lord


These are the ones
I look on with favor
Those who are humble
And CONTRITE in spirit


And who tremble
At my word” Isaiah 66:2


“Blessed are
The PURE in heart
For they will see God” Matthew 5:8


“All who have this hope
In him=PURIFY themselves


Just as he is PURE” 1 John 3:3


Taking a DEEPER step
In faith this Lent


PRAYING psalm 51=
And bringing our CONTRITE-
Newly PURE HEARTS
Back to you


We owe you this=
Our contrite hearts to you
This Lent


For it truly is=
THE GREATEST GIFT THAT WE HAVE


In Jesus' name and in the name of our ALL LOVING=and all FORGIVING and MERCIFUL Father!


Robert P. Wallman
3-12-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Bridget Haase, O.S.U.

No comments:

Post a Comment