Saturday, January 30, 2021

KEEP FIGHTING IT!

 







KEEP FIGHTING IT!


I don't know about you=

But when I wake up=I feel

Like I am=going to STAY as near

To God==as close to God=

As I feel in the MORNING


But things come up=

Problems arise=we get e-mails=

We get phone calls=we get texts=

And all kinds of DISTRACTIONS


“I am telling you this

For your own benefit


NOT to impose a restraint

Upon you-but for the sake

Of propriety and adherence

To the Lord=WITHOUT DISTRACTION” 1 Corinthians 7:35


NO MATTER who we are=

No matter-

How we live


God calls out to us

To love and serve him

Without distraction=

NOT so easy is it

Not so easy=to follow the Lord


“But Martha was DISTRACTED

By all the preparations

That had to be made


She came to Jesus=and asked

'Lord don't you care

That my sister=has left me


To do the work=by myself?

Tell her to HELP ME!'” Luke 10:40


The Lord DOES CARE

About every aspect

Of our lives


But most of all

He wants us to

LOVE him enough=as to

Put the WORD of God first

FOLLOW HIM!


“Surely your goodness and love

WILL FOLLOW ME


All the days

Of my life

And I will dwell


In the house

Of the Lord forever” Psalm 23:6


“FOLLOW GOD'S EXAMPLE=

Therefore as dearly loved children


And walk in=

The way of love=just as=

Christ loved us


And gave himself up

For us=as a fragrant offering

And sacrifice to God” Ephesians 5:1


It is NOT so easy

To FIGHT=through

All the DISTRACTIONS


We fight every day=

And we must do it-

We must KEEP FIGHTING

The distractions


For the PRESENCE OF GOD=

Is the most important thing

In our lives=

As Martha FOUND OUT

From Jesus


SOMETIMES we have to

TUNE OUT the world

And just keep listening

For the VOICE OF GOD


KEEP FIGHTING IT!=the world

And ALL of its distractions=

Let us FOCUS ON GOD TODAY


In Jesus' name=and in the name=of our EVER GUIDING HOLY FATHER!


Robert P. Wallman

1-30-2021



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Amy Welborn





No comments:

Post a Comment