Saturday, January 9, 2021

SERVANT=HE IS LOVING KINDNESS

 







SERVANT=HE IS LOVING KINDNESS


Jesus was a SERVANT

Of his LOVING FATHER=

He came to serve us=

Even though-

He was GOD HIMSELF


We are to be SERVANTS too=

To serve God=

And to SERVE all others


“NOT crying out=not shouting

NOT making his voice

Heard in the street” Isaiah 42:2


The BAPTISM of our Lord

Is what we celebrate today=

It is the START of

The PUBLIC MINISTRY of Jesus


The Lord our Father

Wants us to REFLECT

On the description of Jesus as

“SERVANT of the Lord”


“Here is my SERVANT

Whom I uphold=

My chosen one

In whom I delight” Isaiah 42:1


This foreshadows the COMING

Of the MESSIAH!

Isaiah does not talk about

The Messiah

Being a shouter=or a showman


He does not talk about

Power and glory


NO=he talks about

The SERVANT as being one

Of QUIET GENTLENESS


He talks about the COMING KINDNESS

OF THE MESSIAH!


“Anxiety weighs down the heart-

But a KIND WORD

Cheers it up” Proverbs 12:25


“BE KIND and compassionate

To one another


Forgive each other

Just as CHRIST forgave you” Ephesians 4:32


“And the Lord's SERVANT

Must not be quarrelsome=

But must be KIND to everyone


Able to teach-

Not be resentful” 2 Timothy 2:24


And Isaiah goes out of his way

To say the MESSIAH will

“ESTABLISH PEACE ON EARTH” Isaiah 42:4


And Jesus was such a SERVANT=

He let his cousin John

Baptize him=the MESSIAH!


And this was John's message

“After me comes

The one

More powerful than I


The straps of

Whose sandals=I am not worthy

To stoop down and untie


I baptize you with water=

But he will baptize you

With the HOLY SPIRIT” Mark 1:7-8


And so this HUMBLE SERVANT

Lets himself

Be baptized by his cousin


And the FATHER says=

“You are my SON

Whom I love=


With you=I AM WELL PLEASED” Mark 1:11


May we ALL

BE SUCH SERVANTS=in this world

That our Holy Father is

“WELL PLEASED” with us too


Love like Jesus=live like a SERVANT=

And with GENTLE KINDNESS


In the name of Jesus=and our ALWAYS kind gentle=and LOVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman

1-8-21



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Greg Erlandson




No comments:

Post a Comment