Wednesday, October 11, 2023

YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE BANK

 

 

 

 

 

 

OCTOBER 11th, 2012

 

 

YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE BANK

 

 

My Uncle Chuck and I

Got to be great friends

As I got older

 

I began to call him everyday

For the last few years

When him and Aunt Betty

Lived near us

 

After my Aunt Betty died

We got particularly close

 

I talked to him

Most every day

He used to come

To our apartment in Bellevue

And visit us

He even took me to breakfast

A couple of times

 

Once-he gave me a written card

About what a great friend I was

And wrote,

“You can take it to the bank”

 

Uncle Chuck died

About ten days before my dad

 

It was fitting

That they were linked together in death

Because-they will be-FOREVER

Linked together in life

 

Robert P. Wallman

8-25-07

 

Ps       I miss you Uncle Chuck-and

           YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE BANK

 

“A FRIEND loves at all times”                                                            Proverbs17:17

 

“Do not forsake your FRIEND

And the FRIEND of your father”                                            Proverbs 27:10

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment