Sunday, December 9, 2012








DECEMBER 9th, 2012


THREE BEST FRIENDS


My mother always said
That she had three best friends

There was Aunt Betty-my dad’s cousin
Her and mom shared everything
And as they grew up
Aunt Betty and her family
And our family were often together

Aunt Betty was loyal-kind-sincere-
And full of love
But she could be tough
When she had to be

Then there was Aunt Karen-my Uncle John’s wife
Karen grew up in a little town in West Virginia-called Franklin
We spent all of our holidays with John and Karen
And their family growing up
We had so much fun together that it was unbelievable
They were kindred spirits

Then there was my mom’s friend-Diane
Diane worked with my mom
She was 24 years younger than my mom
She has remained my mom’s friend-and our family’s friend
To this day
Even though we now live a 1,000 mules away
She continues to call a couple of times a week

A couple of honorable mentions to Ella and Carole Lee
Ella was the woman who hired my mom
When she went back to work at the billing department
Of the hospital
Carole Lee was a woman my mom worked with
Both became family friends

Ella has been gone over twenty years now
And we no longer have much contact with Carole Lee
But we hear bits and pieces about her through Diane

For my mom’s friends-here’s to you

Robert P. Wallman

Ps        Today is my Aunt Karen’s birthday
            Outside of my sisters-and four nieces
            She is probably the closest person
            That I have left in this world

            I have known Karen since I was about ten years old
           So many memories-I wouldn’t know where to start

           I love you Karen-You will be in my heart forever

“A FRIEND LOVES AT ALL TIMES”                                                       Proverbs 17:17

No comments:

Post a Comment