Saturday, April 18, 2015

JOURNAL=4-18-15=FEAR AND ANXIETY

JOURNAL=4-18-15=FEAR AND ANXIETY “The sea was stirred up because a strong wind was blowing-WHEN they rowed about three or four miles-they saw Jesus WALKING on the sea-and coming near the boat-and they BEGAN to be AFRAID-but he said to them-'it is I-do NOT BE AFRAID” I don't know about you-but IF I saw one of you WALKING on water-I would be PERPLEXED-and-afraid-THE standard interpretation for this event in SCIPTURE- is that WHEN bad things happen-we NEED TO HAVE FAITH -and trust in God and Jesus I don't know about you-I ALWAYS SAY that I will do this-but WHEN the calamities of my life start to pileup-it is very easy to FALL BACK into feeling fear and anxiety MAYBE-maybe-we just NEED to actually visually Jesus walking on water and saying: “Do NOT be afraid-it is I”-and let the PEACE of God come over us-actually knowing that Jesus did do this-and that Jesus is God Dear Lord-PLEASE help us to see and hear you WHEN TIMES do grow difficult-and let your PEACE engulf us-KNOWING you will wrap us in your LOVE it is a GREAT DAY to be ALIVE in GOD'S LOVE for us-and a GREAT day-to be wrapped in GOD'S everlasting arms of PEACE AND LOVE WITNESS 7-30-13 FEAR AND ANXIETY Do you have Some fear and anxiety In your life Who doesn’t Fear of illness Fear of Not being able to take care of your family Fear of broken relationships In our family and with our friends There is Only one way to overcome any fear And that is THROUGH faith in God “The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not be in want” Psalm 23:1 Fear can be good Fear can be a motivating force To do GOOD “The Lord Loves righteousness and justice The earth is full Of his unfailing love” Psalm 33:5 Have you ever Been around a child Who has an unreasonable fear And there is nothing you can do To calm him or her down That happens to us as adults too When fear becomes irrational When things we dream up in our mind Never really happens We can only find our peace In God “When I am afraid I will trust in you In God-whose words I praise In God I trust-I will not be afraid What can mortal man Do to me?” Psalm 56:3-4 And if what we are fearing happens We should still be trusting God For God is OUR HOPE AND OUR SALVATION “DO NOT LET YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED Trust in God Trust also in me” John 14:1 Perfect love Drives out our fear Perfect love OVERCOMES our weakness “My grace is sufficient for you For my power Is made perfect In weakness” 2 Corinthians 12:9 So our imperfections Our weaknesses Our failings Brings God’s gift of love And his gift of grace To overcome Anything and everything we are facing “EVERY good and perfect gift Is from above Coming down From the Father of the heavenly lights Who does not change Like shifting shadows” James 1:17 Dear Lord-we pray That our anxieties and fears LEAD US TO YOU The one who saves The one who protects And the one who SHINES the light IN ANY darkness Lord I-WE-give you our fears Robert P. Wallman 10-4-12 Ps INSPIRED by a piece in LIVING Faith-Amy Welborn WITNESS 7-30-13 1-7-14 & 4-18-15

No comments:

Post a Comment