Tuesday, April 21, 2015

JOURNAL=4-21-15=HOME OR HOMELESS

JOURNAL=4-21-15=HOME OR HOMELESS “MY father gives you the TRUE BREAD from heaven” John 6:32 Do you have a roof over your head? Do you have food on your table? IF SO, consider yourself fortunate-NOT EVERYONE in this world has that WE CAN be starving physically which can make us angry-bitter- restless-and depressed-MOST of us have never known this feeling OR we can be starving spiritually-filling up on the wrong food-the materialism of the world and not the SPIRIT OF GOD-as we certainly know-NO MAN can serve two masters Dear Lord-you KNOW the deepest longings of our heart-HELP US to KNOW the real source of our hunger-YOUR BODY AND BLOOD-the BREAD OF LIFE it is a GREAT DAY to be ALIVE in GOD'S LOVE for us-and a great day for SATISFYING our hunger-BOTH physically and spiritually WITNESS 2-21-13 HOME OR HOMELESS We all have homes RIGHT? A place to lay our head down At night-and a roof over our head WRONG For anywhere Between 600,000 and a few million people ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT They are going to bed WITHOUT a roof over their head And food on the table (* the actual number-IN AMERICA- Is difficult to ascertain for various reasons) In fact, I have a couple of friends Who are homeless And a couple of more That might be on their way there There is one thing-though- That we can ALL agree on AT LEAST those of us with FAITH And that is our home IS WITH THE LORD “One thing I ask of the Lord This is what I seek That I may dwell In the house of the Lord ALL the days of my life To gaze upon the beauty Of the Lord And to seek him In his temple” Psalm 27:4 And we KNOW That Jesus identifies with the homeless For he once said: “Foxes have holes And birds in the air have nests But the Son of Man Has no place to lay his head” Matthew 8:20 So we know that Jesus LOVES THE HOMELESS EVERY bit as much As he loves you and me PROBABLY more so For we know Jesus was a wanderer And a teacher And probably had NO HOME Of his own The number one reason For homelessness is poverty And anyone could wind up there With a couple of bad breaks A LOST JOB-a chronic illness Etc., etc., etc., And we know Jesus identifies with the poor: “For I was hungry And you Gave me something to eat I was thirsty And you gave me Something to drink I was a stranger And you invited me in I needed clothes And you clothed me I was sick And you looked after me I was in prison And you came to visit me” Matthew 25:35-36 And we will say “When did we do this Lord?” And he will say, “I tell you the truth Whatever you did For one of The least brothers of mine You did for me” Matthew 25:40 This poem Is for my friends Who are homeless And ALL people Who are homeless For we know, “There but For the GRACE of God Go I” And we HOPE AND PRAY ONE DAY-we can all say: “Surely GOODNESS AND LOVE Will follow me ALL the days of my life And I will dwell In the house of the LORD-FOREVER” Psalm 23:6 Robert P. Wallman 2-16-17 Ps WITNESS 2-21-13 4-21-15

No comments:

Post a Comment