Friday, April 7, 2017

HE KEEPS HIS PROMISES



















HE KEEPS HIS PROMISES


Has anyone ever made
You a PROMISE
And not kept it?


NOT SO with God
GOD KEEPS his promises


I made a deathbed PROMISE
To God-in 1977=”to LIVE
For my family=my friends=and
ALL PEOPLE EVERYWHERE”


God has KEPT me alive-
Through many many DIFFICULTIES-
and here I am some 60 years later


“........Even if you
Do NOT believe me


BELIEVE the works
So that you may REALIZE
And understand that the Father


Is in me
And I am in the Father” John 10:38


This PAST year
There were ALL kinds of promises
Made by many political candidates
In many elections


I wonder
How many of the candidates
Actually KEPT these promises


So many promises
In this world are EMPTY
And NOT always because they
Are or were INTENDED to be


ANYONE can make a promise
BASED on a desire to be
ADMIRED OR LOVED-


Anyone can say pretty
And CONVINCING WORDS
But do our actions
MATCH UP with our words


God does NOT lie
He ALWAYS KEEPS HIS PROMISES


“My comfort
In my suffering
Is this:


Your promise PRESERVES my life” Psalm 119:50


“The PROMISE is for you
And your CHILDREN


And for ALL
Who are far off-
For all whom


The LORD our God will call” Acts 2:39


Has there ever been
ANYONE like Jesus-
Whose EVERY WORD
Was lived out in life


His death became life
LIFE FOREVER MORE


He knew the SCRIPTURES
Inside and out
He was/IS the Scripture
His life=left us with the HOLY SPIRIT


But the devil KNOWS the scriptures too
As pointed out in Jesus'
40 days in the desert


“If you are
The SON OF GOD-


Tell these stones to BECOME BREAD” Matthew 4:3


And the devil TEMPTED Jesus
Two more times


“Jesus said to him,
'Away from me Satan!
For it is written


'Worship the Lord your God
And SERVE him only'” Matthew 4:10


Then the devil left
And JESUS' ANGELS came
And attended to him


JESUS KEPT his promise of life
Until death
And then ROSE again in life


Let US do the same
Let OUR PROMISES be-
Promises to God
PROMISES OF LIFE


Where our actions
ALWAYS meet our words


In the name of God
And Jesus our LORD


Robert P. Wallman
4-6-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Jesssica Mesman Griffith


No comments:

Post a Comment