Monday, April 17, 2017

HOPE AND JOY FOR EVERYONE!



















HOPE AND JOY FOR EVERYONE


YESTERDAY=was Jesus' VICTORY
Yet a victory for ALL
Of CHRISTIANS TOO


HOPE & JOY FOR EVERYONE


“Then they went AWAY quickly
From the tomb


Fearful yet overjoyed........” Matthew 28:8


WHY is the tomb empty?
WHERE did Jesus' body go?
Could it be? NO-he couldn't-
Have-he couldn't be the Christ-
COULD HE?


UP from the grave he came-
-HOPE & JOY for everyone-
For all of time


What is a tomb but for
The dead to rest?
What about some of the tombs
In our own life?


OUR HEALTH-our finances-ALL
The dead relationships with NO
HOPE for them to be RESTORED


What about Christ?
Has he RESURRECTED from the tomb?
And what about us-our dead issues?


Is there HOPE?
Can we FIND everlasting joy?


“Mary Magdalene-
Went to the disciples
With the news:


'I have SEEN the Lord'


And she told them
That he had said these things
To her” John 20:18


“AGAIN-Jesus said-
'PEACE be with you-
As the FATHER sent me-
I am sending you'


And with that he BREATHED on them
And said-
'RECEIVE the HOLY SPIRIT'” John 20:21-22


YES!- I have SEEN
& felt the JOY & HOPE
Of Christ


I have seen and FELT the joy
And HOPE that Mary Magdalene felt-
-that Peter and the other
Apostles felt


Yes-I AM LIVING a life-
With a body-once bogged down
With illness


Yes I am surviving financially-and
YES-I FEEL the hope and joy
In RELATIONSHIPS once again


I feel the HOPE & JOY of the
NEWNESS OF LIFE


“He put a new song
In my mouth
A hymn of praise
To our God


MANY will see and fear the Lord
And put their TRUST in him” Psalm 40:3


“We were therefore buried
With him
Through baptism into death


In order that
Just as Christ
Was RAISED from the dead


Through the GLORY
Of the Father
We too-
May live a NEW LIFE” Romans 6:4


The HOPE that we had lost
IS RISING AGAIN-


The JOY that I had once lost
Is PRESENT and VISIBLE once again


My fear is diminishing-
My COURAGE IS INCREASING


NEW HOPE & NEW JOY FOR EVERYONE
We are ALIVE once again-


JUST LIKE CHRIST!


Robert P. Wallman
4-16-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Macrina Wiederkehr, O.S.B.






No comments:

Post a Comment