Tuesday, April 4, 2017

THE UNCEASING LOVE OF OUR GOOD SHEPHERD



















THE UNCEASING LOVE OF
OUR GOOD SHEPHERD


Every day-WHEN I do my prayers-
ONE of the prayers that I read
IS the 23rd PSALM


Few-probably NONE of us-
ESCAPE the dark valleys of life-but some
Os us ENCOUNTER these valleys
Often-every day


But we SURVIVE-God-our Lord Jesus-
And psalm 23 ARE MESSENGERS OF HOPE


“Even though-
I walk in the dark valleys-


I fear NO evil” Psalm 23:4


Our VALLEY-our evil in life-
Come in ALL kinds of ways:
Tragedy-persistent anxiety-discouragement-
Sorrow-depression-all kinds of LOSS-
And even physical disability and illness


ANYTHING-
That takes away our joy &
STIFLES our hope


But we BATTLE back
Nothing stifles us for long-
If we are in God and Jesus
And in the SPIRIT


THE UNCEASING LOVE
Of the GOOD SHEPHERD


“The Lord is MY SHEPHERD
I lack nothing” Psalm 23:1


“He TENDS his flock
Like a shepherd
He GATHERS the lambs
In his arms


And carries them
CLOSE to his heart
He gently leads them
That have young” Isaiah 40:11


“I AM the good shepherd
The good shepherd
LAYS down his life
For the sheep” John 10:11


THE UNCEASING LOVE
Of the GOOD SHEPHERD


Psalm 23 was written thousands
Of years ago-BY DAVID


It was written to ASSURE
EACH and every person
That God-the GOOD SHEPHERD-
IS with us
In the dark-valley times too


ESPECIALLY in the dark times
Especially when life-when EVIL-
And events are TRYING to BRING US DOWN


The Good SHEPHERD CARES for us
The good shepherd ALWAYS loves us
He is PRESENCE=his presence
SURROUNDS our being


“You make KNOWN to me
The path of life
You FILL me


With JOY in your presence
With eternal pleasures
At your right hand” Psalm 16:11


“You PREPARE
A table before me
In the PRESENCE
Of my enemies


You anoint my head
With oil
MY CUP OVERFLOWS” Psalm 23:5


God-THE GOOD SHEPHERD
Will give us
What we NEED
To make it
THROUGH the dark times


He will give us GOODNESS
And KINDNESS
ALL the days of our LIFE


Psalm 23-a SONG OF HOPE


THE UNCEASING LOVE-
OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD
For us


Robert P. Wallman
4-3-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Joyce Rupp O.S.M.




No comments:

Post a Comment