Tuesday, April 11, 2017

JOURNAL=4-11-17=THIS JOURNEY CALLED LIFE



















JOURNAL=4-11-17=THIS JOURNEY CALLED LIFE


“The LORD called me
From birth


From my mother's womb
He GAVE ME my name” Isaiah 49:1


For me=this JOURNEY called life
Has ALWAYS been about GOD & FAMILY


And lately I have been thinking about
ALL my family-NOT
Just my beautiful immediate family


But my grandparents=BOTH sides
My eccentric great uncles
And ALL my cousins


My WHOLE FAMILY=all my friends
And whoever I have met
ALONG the way


Have all gone into making me
Into the person
Who I have have
TURNED out to be


ALL of us
Are on a JOURNEY
And God is WAITING for us
At the trail's end
WITH OPEN ARMS


All we have to do
Is read Luke's chapter 15=
The PRODIGAL SON parable


And we KNOW God WILL
Be waiting for us
At JOURNEY'S END


God LOVES US
By whatever name
We go by
And is just WAITING
For us to come home


Robert P. Wallman
4-10-17












THIS JOURNEY WE CALL LIFE




Life is a journey
But life
Is a celebration too


A celebration
Of the life
That God gave us
For if
We walk with him
We are
NEVER ALONE


But our lives
Have an ending
And in the end
It is
About coming home


Along this journey
We call life
There will be many of setbacks
And many of bends


But he promised us
If we walk with him
He will walk with us
And that we will be
NEVER ALONE


I am here
To attest to that fact
Don’t know when
Or where it will end
Or how
He will call me home


But I am here to tell you
I have fought continuous health battles
I have fought
Constant financial problems and pressures
Have had many broken relationships
That I couldn’t mend


But I am here to tell you
I have never walked alone


I have walked with God
I have walked with family and friends


And when this journey is over
When this journey ends


I want to say
Thank you for this journey
I want to say
Thank you for this life


And know like Saint Francis
That death will be our LOVELIEST moment


Because


It is NOT the end
It is just the beginning
It is finished
But now it begins


It is just time for


COMING HOME


Robert P. Wallman
4-4-11







Ps Holy WEEK=Tuesday=4-11-17

No comments:

Post a Comment