Sunday, May 21, 2017

BELIEVE IN THE PROMISES OF GOD



















BELIEVE IN THE PROMISES OF GOD


Did you KNOW
That GOD KEEPS his promises/


God have NEVER-
God has never made a PROMISE
That he did not keep?


I AM pretty GOOD at keeping
MY promises too


But I don't know
IF I can say
I am perfect=EVEN THOUGH
I always try to do
My very best=and
TRY to never lie


“I will NOT leave
you orphans


I will COME TO YOU” John 14:18


I don't think
The disciples knew


What Jesus meant-by
THIS promise today


I DOUBT (don't know)
That we do either


WHEN Jesus died on
The cross-in crucified agony-
They KNEW
They were all alone


MAYBE-just maybe
They thought they were orphans


They were NOT ORPHANS
Neither are we
BELIEVE=in the PROMISES
Of God


God looks after us
JESUS LOOKS after us


“RELIGION=that God out Father
ACCEPTS as pure and faultless
Is this:


To LOOK AFTER widows
And orphans
In their distress


And to keep ONESELF
From being polluted
BY THE WORLD” James 1:27


PURE religion=true religion=
A PROMISE of LOVE=kept by GOD


A long time ago=I MADE
A deathbed promise=
“To LIVE FOR my family=my friends=
And ALL people everywhere”


I have DONE MY BEST
To keep it=and some 40 years later
WE/God and I are STILL WORKING
On this promise=STILL doing
OUR BEST to keep it


Like the disciples and apostles
We TOO=sometimes=


FEEL orphaned in this world


We WONDER how God
Has left us=on our own


But he is WITH US each day
He WALKS with us/He TALKS with us
THROUGH his gift to us
Of the HOLY SPIRIT


He told us: “I will NOT
LEAVE you orphans”


BELIEVE IN
THE PROMISES OF GOD
He KEEPS his promises


“My eyes stay OPEN
Through the watches
Of the night


That I my MEDITATE
On your PROMISES” Psalm119:148


“For no matter
How MANY PROMISES
God has made


They are “YES”
In Christ


And so through him
The “AMEN” is spoken to us
By the GLORY OF GOD” 2 Corinthians 1:20


So this EASTER SEASON
This sixth Sunday of Easter


BELIEVE in the PROMISES OF GOD
=THE PROMISES OF CHRIST


“I will NOT LEAVE you orphans”


He hasn't=in two weeks=PENTECOST=
HIS SPIRIT WILL BE HERE


Robert P. Wallman
5-21-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sister Joyce Rupp, O.S.M.


No comments:

Post a Comment