Monday, May 8, 2017

THE GOOD MEN & WOMEN OF OUR LIFE


THE GOOD MEN AND WOMEN

OF OUR LIFE

 

We LIVE in a cruel-violent world=

That is a fact

 

A world in that MANY of us

Have forgotten the existence

Of God and Jesus

 

Yet we live in a world

With ANY NUMBER of GOOD

Men and women in it

 

MANY of whom were and ARE

My own family and my

VERY own friends

I feel HONORED to have been

Among so many fine people

 

And Jesus’ first apostles and disciples

WERE quite fine men and women =

One of whom was Barnabas

 

“……..

He was a GOOD MAN-

FULL of the Holy SPIRIT-

And faith

 

And a great number of people

Were BROUGHT to the Lord”                                                                                                         Acts 11:24

 

When thinking of the

GOOD men-and women

Of life=I recall so many

 

So many family=friends=BOTH

Men and women

Who have HELPED me

 

It REMINDS me of a scene

From ONE of my favorite movies-

“THE BIG CHILL”

 

“Isn’t it enough to be a

GOOD MAN(or woman)

In this world?”

(The preacher speaking about Alex=

Who had TAKEN his own life)

 

YES-it is ENOUGH to be a

GOOD MAN or woman=and it is

A PRIVILEGE to be able to STEP FORWARD

 

And HELP another

Or BRING the WORD OF GOD

To someone else

 

And I want to say

THANK YOU to you MY FAMILY MEMBERS

-My friends

For SHARING the PRIVILEGE OF LIFE

And your HELP along the way

(YOU ALL know who you are and

What you have done for me)

 

“For I TESTIFY

That they GAVE as much

As they were able

 

And even BEYOND their ability

 

ENTITELY on their own

They urgently pleaded with us

For the privilege of SHARING

In this service

To the LORD’S people

 

And they exceeded

Our expectations:

 

They gave of THEMSELVES

FIRST of all to the Lord

 

And then

By the WILL of God

Also to us”                                                                                                                                  2 Corinthians 8:4-5

 

So thank you to my family

And thank you to my friends

 

For GIVING of yourselves to me

For giving and SHARING of yourselves

In this thing we call life

 

Also-we LEARN TODAY that Barnabas was

GENEROUS-thoughtful-affirming-

And KIND-HEARTED

And was “FILLED with the HOLY SPIRIT

And FAITH”

 

So thank you ALL for being

Like BARNABAS-and being like

The other apostles and disciples

Of Christ’s

 

And thank you

For BEING the GOOD MEN AND WOMEN

OF MY LIFE

 

Of any life=GOOD PEOPLE

IN the NAME of Jesus we PRAY<

 

Robert P. Wallman

5-8-17

Ps         INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Joyce Rupp, O.S.M.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment