Thursday, May 4, 2017

STORMS ARE A PART OF LIFE

















STORMS ARE
A PART OF LIFE




Things go wrong
In life
That much
IS for sure


And you have
To have MORE
Than just a little FAITH
To get you through the storms
Of life


FAITH is defined
As a “STONG belief
Or TRUST in something;'
'BELIEF in the existing of God'”


In the 14th chapter
Of Saint Matthew's GOSPEL
We read about
Jesus walking on the water
And Peter-THE ROCK-trying to
FOLLOW in his Master's footsteps


“Peter said to him
In reply:
'Lord-if it is you
Command me
To come to you
On the water'” Matthew 14:28


Peter starts off
With FIRM RESOLVE
Only to eventually sink


Ye of little faith


Aren't we
A lot like Peter
Starting out STRONG
In our faith in the Lord


ONLY to have our resolve weaken
By the storms of life
And weaken just like Peter


Jesus said,
“You of little faith
WHY are you so afraid?” Matthew 8:26


I find it interesting
That Peter asks
NOT that the storm be quieted


BUT for the ability
To walk on water


HOW about you
Do you ask
For the problems of your life
To go away


Or for the ability
To NAVIGATE
Through the storms


Whatever the case
It takes a lot of FAITH


To walk on the water
Or wade through the water
UNTIL we make it
THROUGH the storms of life


Like Peter found out
It takes
A DEEPER amount of faith


“'HAVE FAITH in God,' Jesus answered” Mark 11:22


Then Jesus said,
“RISE and GO-
YOUR FAITH has made you well” Luke 17:19


And I KNOW
It was God-it was Jesus
Who SAVED my own life
NUMEROUS TIMES
WHEN I was in my 20's


I know
I couldn't save myself
And admittedly
The medical community
Couldn't save me


STORMS ARE
A REAL part of life


And like Peter
I realize
It takes something DEEPER
To SUSTAIN our lives


It takes GOD
It takes Jesus


Your life-my life
Will NEVER be without storms


And Peter had it right
God and Jesus
Can't always take away the storms


But if we have
Just a little faith


THE FAITH of a mustard seed


He gives us the ability
To walk through them


Dear Lord-
WE put our FAITH in you


PLEASE hold our hand
As we walk
Though life's storms


Robert P. Wallman
8-3-15




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Steve Givens


Ps 5-4-17




No comments:

Post a Comment