Monday, May 29, 2017

WORKS OF MERCY



















WORKS OF MERCY


We all KNOW=that we are
SAVED by FAITH=and by
The MERCY of God


BUT we all know=if we
Have this faith=we WILL supplement
Our faith with WORKS


“For we maintain
That a person
Is JUSTIED by FAITH


Apart=from
The works of the law” Romans 3:28


“As the body-
Without the spirit
IS dead=


So faith-without deeds-is dead” James 2:26


So you ARE SAVED by faith alone=
YOUR FAITH in God and Christ-
But ALL good righteous people


SUPPLEMENT their faith by DOING-
GOOD WORKS for others


ACTS of mercy=or CORPORAL works
Of MERCY-to be precise-
Are FUNDAMENTAL PARTS of our faith


We are called
To FEED the hungry


GIVE DRINK to the thirsty
VISIT the sick-
Shelter the homeless


Give ALMS to the poor=
VISIT PRISONERS-
And bury the dead


“God gives a HOME
To the forsaken


He leads forth PRISONERS
To prosperity” Psalm 68:7


“BLESSED are the MERCIFUL
For they will be SHOWN mercy” Matthew 5:7


WE are called to LOVE GOD=and=
We are called to LIVE by FAITH=
And we are called-
To live by SHOWING=works of MERCY=
To our neighbors


For me=the ONE
That gets far too little attention
Is VISITING the prisoners


PRISON is a terribly dehumanizing place=
And many people=particularly PRISON MINISTERS
BRING the love and HOPE of Christ-
To them


It is A WORK OF MERCY=
That can CHANGE a person's life


“SET me FREE from my prison
That I may PRAISE-
Your name


Then the RIGHTEOUS
Will gather about me
Because of your GOODNESS
To me” Psalm 142:7


“I needed cloths-
And you clothed me


I was sick-
And you LOOKED AFTER me


I was in PRISON-
And you CAME to VISIT ME” Matthew 25:36


LAST YEAR=POPE Francis=
Declared the year=as a
DIVINE YEAR OF MERCY


But let us REMEMBER=
EVERY year-
IS a year of MERCY


And as CHRISTIANS-it is-
NOT ONLY about our faith=
But what we DO


LIVE in FAITH and with MERCY-
AND actions towards ALL OF GOD'S CHILDREN


In the name of Jesus we live by FAITH=and the WORKS
OF MERCY He taught to us


FOREVER and EVER-amen


Robert P. Wallman
5-30-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Paul Pennick


No comments:

Post a Comment