Tuesday, July 31, 2018

LETTING GO OF OUR ANGER




















LETTING GO OF OUR ANGER


I hate to say it=
But sometimes I get angry
At a person=or a HAPPENING


I TRY to bite my tongue=
But I sometimes SAY things
That I shouldn't=


And I am SORRY for
It LATER=does that
EVER happen to you?


ANGER is a DIFFICULT EMOTION
To MASTER=and I think
Sometimes it gets the BEST
Of all of us


BREATHE DEEPLY=and
GIVE your troubles over
To GOD


All things are PASSING


“I did NOT sit celebrating
In the circle
Of merrymakers


Under the weight
Of your hand
I sat alone
Because you FILLED ME
With indignation” Jeremiah 15:17


LET GO of your anger=
BITE your tongue=breathe DEEPLY=
TURN your troubles
OVER to God


“And he passed
In front of Moses=PROCLAIMING


'The LORD=the Lord=the
Compassionate and GRACIOUS God
Slow to ANGER


Abounding in love and faithfulness
MAINTAINING love to thousands
And forgiving wickedness-
Rebellion-and sin'” Exodus 34:6-7


“But you Lord
Are a COMPASSIONATE
And gracious God


Slow to ANGER
Abounding in love
And faithfulness” Psalm 86:15


“A gentle answer
Turns away wrath
But a harsh word
STIRS UP ANGER” Proverbs 15:1


Dear Lord=HELP us
Bite our tongue=
Take a DEEP BREATH
And let GO of our ANGER
By TRUSTING in you=DEAR LORD


Isn't it funny=how sometimes
WE can get so angry=and
Then later=NOT even remember
What it was even about?


LOOK at the first passage
The PSALMIST is so angry
That his ANGER is
Boarding on the physical


Dear Lord=WE PRAY=help me=
HELP US=let go of our anger=
And get out of our troubles
BY TRUSTING in you


“They will have NO FEAR
Of bad news


Their hearts
Are steadfast=
TRUSTING in the Lord” Psalm 112:7


Dear Lord=help me=and
Help us=ALL of Christ's followers


To let our anger PASS
By recognizing
Anger is a WASTED EMOTION


Dear Lord=we PUT OUR FAITH
In and TRUST in you


In the NAMES of Jesus=and that of his DIVINE FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
7-31-18




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Karla Manternach

No comments:

Post a Comment