Saturday, September 28, 2019

DEPENDING ON THE LORD!














DEPENDING ON THE LORD!


Today we have the PARABLE
Of the rich man and LAZARUS


The rich man wants Abraham to
SEND a RESURRECTED person=Lazarus
Back to his brothers
To warn them of
The DANGERS of hell
WHERE he is


But he receives
The PERFECT ANSWER
“If they will NOT LISTEN
To Moses and the prophets


NEITHER will they
Be persuaded
If someone
Should RISE from the dead” Luke 16:31


We KNOW that Jesus
ROSE from the dead
In fulfillment
Of the prophecies


ISN'T it sad
That some people
Don't believe
In the RESURRECTION OF JESUS?


Hopefully we are NOT LIVING
A self-absorbed-indulgent lifestyle


Hopefully we are LIVING
A life=and DEPENDING
On the Lord
For the GIFTS of this life


“My salvation and my honor
DEPEND ON GOD


He is my mighty rock and
My refuge” Psalm 62:7


“Leave your fatherless children
I will keep
Them alive


Your widows too
Can DEPEND ON ME” Jeremiah 49:11


YES it is sad
When people don't believe
In the Lord


And it is sadder still
When we don't realize
That our own RESURRECTION


REQUIRES more than
Believing in him


We need to live our lives
Loving God
We need to live our lives
LOVING our neighbor
(the first two commandments)


MAY we learn
From the rich man
NOT to get caught up
In the earthly treasures
Of this world


It is a trap
Depending on the LORD!


DEPENDING ON THE LORD
For the wants and needs
Of this life


“I do not understand
What I do


For what I
WANT to do
I do not do


But what I hate
I do” Romans 7:15


“I WANT to know Christ--------
Yes to know the power
Of his RESURRECTION


And participate
In the suffering


Becoming like him
In his death” Philippians 3:10


YES DEPENDING ON JESUS=and
The FATHER in this world
And the next


In Jesus' name=and in the name=of OUR FOREVER LIVING FATHER!


Robert P. Wallman
9-26-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Melanie Rigney

No comments:

Post a Comment