Saturday, June 13, 2020

THE REAL PRESENCE OF THE LORD!














THE REAL PRESENCE OF THE LORD!


Jesus had many
DIFFICULT TEACHINGS=
But today we
Might be CELEBRATING
The most difficult one


The HOLY BODY and BLOOD
Of Christ=HIS REAL PRESENCE!


“Whoever EATS my flesh
And DRINKS my blood=
Remains in me
And I in him” John 6:54


Just IMAGINE if you
Were one of the CROWD
Listening to Jesus


If you heard him say=
If you eat his flesh=
And drink his blood
You will have ETERNAL LIFE


THE REAL PRESENCE
OF THE LORD!


I imagine the Lord
Is with me=every moment
OF MY LIFE


Thinking with me-
Talking with me-
And WALKING right beside me=
He LIVES in you and me


But if you were one
Of his DISCIPLES and heard this=
Would you have been
TEMPTED to run away too


The disciples responded=
“This saying is hard=
WHO can accept it?” John 54:60


But Jesus is with us=
JESUS LOVES US=he won't
Let us go
Without a FIGHT=
For our own good


The REAL PRESENCE of the Lord
Does LIVE IN US


But I kind of feel
Like Saint Peter felt=
And I echo his RESPONSE


“Simon Peter answered him'=
'Lord to whom
Shall we go?


You have the words
OF ETERNAL LIFE


We have come to believe
And to KNOW
That you are
The HOLY ONE OF GOD'” John 6:68


HOLY COMMUNION
Is the essential
TEACHING of Christ


And when we RECEIVE
His presence=He LIVES IN US
Forever and ever


Saint Paul seems
To capture it all in 1 CORINTHIANS 10:16


“Is not the cup
Of thanksgiving
For which
We give thanks


A PARTICIPATION
In the blood of Christ?


And is not the bread
That we break
A participation
In the blood of Christ?” 1 Corinthians 10:16


RECEIVING the body and blood
OF CHRIST with other believers
Makes us ONE BODY


We SHARE in the ETERNAL
LIFE of Christ when we receive the
ETERNAL PRESENCE of the Lord!


In Jesus' name and in =the name of the EUCHARIST=the great gift of the FATHER AND THE SON!


Robert P. Wallman
6-13-20




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Greg Erlandson

No comments:

Post a Comment