Monday, June 1, 2020

WATCHING HELPLESSLY!














WATCHING HELPLESSLY!


We all have CROSSES in
Our life=and the cross
Can ENTER our life
In either of two ways


Sometimes=we are ON THE CROSS
As Jesus was=when we suffer
A serious illness=
LOSE a loved one=
Have a severe trauma=
Experience financial difficulty
And/or are going through
A STRAINED RELATIONSHIP


Other times=we are BY THE CROSS=
WATCHING HELPLESSLY!=
As someone else
Goes THROUGH the CROSS


That was the case today
With our MOTHER MARY
In today's gospel


Al Mary could do-
Was stand there and WATCH
As Jesus ENDURED THE CROSS
WATCHING HELPLESSLY!


“And from that hour-
The disciple took Mary
Into his home” John 19:27


WATCHING a loved one suffer=
IS a most difficult CROSS
To bear


I tried to take care of
My DAD AND MOM=
As they were dying


But all I could do
IS WATCH=as they both
FADED AWAY


It is FRUSTRATING to watch
Your loved ones SUFFER=
Your friends suffer=
And NOT be able
To ALLEVIATE their suffering


This is called
The CROSS OF ACCOMPANIMENT=
When all we can do
Is BE WITH THEM


In whatever way they
WANT US to be there


“And these signs
Will ACCOMPANY
Those who believe


In my name-
They will drive out demons
They will speak in tongues
….....” Mark 16:17


All we can do
IS HELP
In whatever way
OUR LOVED ONES
Will let us


“In my distress
I called to the Lord=
I cried to my God
FOR HELP” Psalm 18:6


“I will strengthen you
And HELP YOU=
I will uphold you
With my righteous right hand” Isaiah 41:10


I can ONLY IMAGINE
How Mary suffered
As Jesus died
On the cross


And I know
How I/how we SUFFERED
As we WATCHED
My dad and mom SLIP AWAY


Sometimes all we can do
IS BE THERE=
Offer a simple touch


A few loving words-
A supporting PRAYER=
Or just accompany them
In complete silence


Dear Mary=MOTHER of God=
Please be with us-
Please accompany us


As we WATCH HELPLESSLY!=
As those we love
SUFFER on the cross


In the name of Jesus=and
The always loving and SUPPORTIVE FATHER!


Robert P. Wallman
6-01-20




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Melannie Svoboda, S.N.D.









No comments:

Post a Comment