Friday, June 12, 2020

TO GO BEYOND ONESELF














TO GO BEYOND ONESELF


I have said “YES”
To God many times
In MY LIFE


And have truly meant it=
But sometimes that YES
Can become-VERY DIFFICULT


But sometimes that yes-
Can border on a NO
Because of the
REQUIREMENTS of that yes=
ARE so DIFFICULT


But I TRY to
KEEP my word to GOD=
I try to DIG
A little deeper
And keep that YES


“Let your “YES
Mean “YES” and
Your “NO mean “NO”” Matthew 5:37


Dig a little DEEPER=
TRY and go BEYOND YOURSELF=
Keep your “YES” to God


I see this in others too-
People give an authentic YES
At first


And overtime=difficulties ARISE
And it is hard
To keep that “YES”


DIG a little deeper
GO BEYOND YOURSELF


“The Spirit searches
All things=even
The DEEP THINGS of God


For who knows
A person's thoughts
Except their own spirit
Within them” 1 Corinthians 2:10-11


“They must keep hold
Of the DEEP TRUTHS
Of the faith
With a clear conscience” 1 Timothy 3:9


YES=our faith
Is a BATTLE tested faith


And a YES TO GOD-
Does indeed mean going on=
GOING FORWARD-
No matter
How difficult it becomes


Our “YES”
Means a willingness
To GO BEYOND OURSELVES


And that is when
OUR generosity and discipleship
Become a GENUINE REALITY


KEEPING IT REAL
Keeping our WORD=
Keeping our YES TO GOD


So many times
I have
Wanted to GIVE UP
But my YES to God
Means something


It means I keep on GOING
When I feel
I can't go any further


And CHRIST picks me up
Puts me on the right path
And we BEGIN
ALL OVER AGAIN


“How can
A young person STAY
ON the path of purity?
By living-
According to your WORD” Psalm 119:9


When you DOUBT=when you
Want to give up=go on
FORWARD WITH CHRIST


GO BEYOND YOURSELF=
Let your “YES” mean YES


In Jesus' name=and in the name of our ever PERSEVERING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
6-12-20




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Joyce Rupp, O.S.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment