Thursday, June 18, 2020

THE WORK OF A LIFETIME














THE WORK OF A LIFETIME


Today=in ONE JOHN=
It tells us that
God loves us


And because God
LOVES US=we are
To love one another


An it is the
WORK of a LIFETIME=
IT NEVER ENDS


“In this is love=
NOT that we
Have loved God


But that he loved us
And sent his Son
As expiation
For our sins


Beloved=if God
So loved us=
We must also
LOVE ONE ANOTHER” 1 John 4:10-11


Loving one another=
Or loving each other
Is a LIFETIME OF WORK


It is a pretty
TOUGH ASSIGNMENT
That Jesus is handing down


LOVING OTHERS=with all
Their faults=with all their PROBLEMS
For a lifetime


And it is the
SECOND HALF of
The GREATEST COMMANDMENT
(Mark 12:29-31)


Knowing this person
Lied to me=Knowing that person
Stole from me=Knowing my BEST FRIEND
Betrayed me=
Yet we are CALLED
To love them anyway


“Remember Lord
Your great mercy
And LOVE=
For they are
From of old” Psalm 25:6


“I LOVE those
Who LOVE ME
And those who seek me
Find me” Proverbs 8:17


“........yet my UNFAILING LOVE
For you-
Will not be shaken


Nor my covenant
Of peace be removed'


Says the Lord
Who has compassion on you” Isaiah 54:10


Jesus KNOWS ALL
About everyone of us=
Yet he sent his SON
To redeem us all=
He LOVED us all


HOW ABOUT
HIS LIFETIME OF WORK?


Jesus came for every person
That ever LIVED
Redeeming them of their sins


He LOVED them and FORGAVE them


“I have LOVED YOU
With an EVERLASTING LOVE=
I have drawn you
With unfailing kindness” Jeremiah 31:3


Loving one ANOTHER
Is not EASY=nor
Is it temporary=
It is
THE WORK OF A LIFETIME


You might be SURPRISED WHO
LOVES YOU in this world


In Jesus' name=and in the name=of our ALL LOVING FATHER!


Robert P. Wallman
6-18-20




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Terence Hegarty

No comments:

Post a Comment