Saturday, September 3, 2022

WORK-IN-PROGRESS!

 

 

 

 

 

 

SEPTEMBER 3rd, 2012

 

 

WORK-IN-PROGRESS

 

 

Often times

We think of life as a destination

 

If we get that job

Then I’ll be happy

 

If we get that person as a partner

Then I’ll be happy

 

The truth is

Nothing external to ourselves

Can make us happy

 

The truth is

Life is a journey

We have good days

We have bad days

But we have

To get up every day

And KEEP on going

Because every day MATTERS

 

There is a retired minister

From a church I once belonged to

Who used to say

“We are ALL a “work-in-progress”

 

I could not agree more

 

Hopefully-when we leave this world

Someone will have benefited

Because we were a part of it

 

Thank you for your bit of wisdom-Dr. Priscilla Whitehead

 

Robert P. Wallman

8-20-07

 

Ps       “Aaron is to present the Levites before the Lord

            As a wave offering from the Israelites

            So that they may be ready

            To do the WORK of the Lord”                                           Numbers 8:11

 

            “I thank my God every time I remember you

             In ALL my prayers for all of you

             I always pray with joy

             Because of your partnership in he Gospel

             From the first day until now

             Being confident of this

             That he who began a GOOD WORK in you

             Will carry on to COMPLETION

             Until the day of Christ Jesus”                                        Philippians 1:3-6                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment