Thursday, March 5, 2020

BE RECONCILED WITH EVERYONE!














BE RECONCILED WITH EVERYONE!


I hate it=WHEN
I am not on GOOD TERMS
With someone=
I hate it
When a RELATIONSHIP
Seems out of sorts


BE RECONCILED with everyone!


We are STILL in the
First week of Lent=
And the prophet Ezekiel today
Seems to want to
SCARE US STRAIGHT


“Do I indeed derive
Any pleasure
From the death
Of the wicked?” Ezekiel 18:23


Ezekiel wants us
To PAY ATTENTION


He seems to be saying
BLESS an evil man=
IF he turns
From his wicked ways


But is it really
ETERNAL DAMNATION=if a
GOOD man turns to evil?


That is what he seems
To be saying


But Jesus' command
Is even MORE CHALLENGING


“If you bring
Your gift
To the altar


And there RECALL
That your brother
Has anything against you


Leave YOUR GIFT
At the altar


Go first
And BE RECONCILED
With your brother


And then come
And offer your gift” Matthew 5:23-24


This is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT
For all of us


I want ALL my relationships
With everyone
To be ON GOOD TERMS


I want to LOVE GOD=
And love my neighbor
I want to


BE RECONCILED
With my brothers and sisters
In Christ


I want to be reconciled
WITH EVERYONE


“For if while
We were God's enemies
We were RECONCILED
To him


Through the death
Of his SON


How much more
Having been RECONCILED
Shall we be saved
THROUGH HIS LIFE” Romans 5:10


“All this is
From God
Who RECONCILED US


To himself through Christ
And gave us the
Ministry of RECONCILIATION” 2 Corinthians 5:18


It seems increasingly IMPOSSIBLE
That any of us
CAN BE RECONCILED-
With everyone


But IF it is ever
GOING TO HAPPEN
It will be in LENT


Right where we are


Let us get DOWN
On our knees and PRAY
To be RECONCILED
Right now


With God and
EVERYONE ELSE


In the name of Jesus=and our ever FORGIVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
3-5-20




Ps INSPIRED for an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Miguel Dulick



No comments:

Post a Comment