Sunday, March 1, 2020

COME TO DO=THE FATHER'S WILL














COME TO DO=THE FATHER'S WILL


Jesus came to DO
The FATHER'S WILL=
And he lived UP
To it


So do we=
We ALL come to do
The Father's will


But so many of us
Just don't get it


“Then Jesus was LED
By the SPIRIT


Into the desert
To be TEMPTED
By the devil” Matthew 4:1


Jesus didn't give in
To the world
And he didn't
GIVE IN to the devil


BEFORE beginning his PUBLIC MINISTRY=
Jesus went into the
Harsh Judean desert
And he was TESTED


And he PASSED
EVERY TEST


We can ONLY IMAGINE
How weak and vulnerable
He felt at the end
Of those days


But DOING the will of God
Was on his MIND=
As it should be
On ours


“I desire
To do YOUR WILL-
My God


Your law
Is within my heart” Psalm 40:8


“Anyone who chooses
To do the WILL OF GOD
Will find out


Whether my teaching
Comes from God
Or whether I
Speak on my own” John 7:17


“It is GOD'S WILL
That you
Should be sanctified


That you should
Avoid sexual immorality” 1 Thessalonians 4:3


Satan saw his chance
To TEMPT Jesus=win
the people over


With a MAGIC SHOW=
Turning stones to bread-
Throwing himself off a cliff
And NOT getting hurt=
Etc., etc., etc.


But Jesus would have
NONE OF IT=
He came to do
THE FATHER'S WILL


Which included opposition,
Rejection=and a PAINFUL death
On the cross


Satan slinked away=
Just looking for
ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY


“Then I said='Here I am
It is written
About me=in the scroll


I have come to do
YOUR WILL--------my God'” Hebrews 10:7


We need to FOLLOW
Our Lord too


If we TURN AWAY
From sin-
And believe
The good news


We will have= a TIME
Of SPIRITUAL RENEWAL
This Lent


In the name of JESUS OUR LORD!


Robert P. Wallman
3-1-20




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Fr. Martin Pable, O.F.M. Cap.



No comments:

Post a Comment